1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I miss having Dragic on this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SkyrimOwnsAll, Feb 16, 2013.

1. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

im not trolling Lin Fans, but just watching these videos brings back memories, and makes you realize how much better he is than Lin

we would have at least 5-7 more wins with Gogi.. smh I wish Morey would have just given Dragic his player option

Dragic never feared Westbrick or the Heat like Lin, he even got in Westbricks head and made us win in OKC last year, and plays solid and can score on him as well. Gogi was like a bigger Tony Parker with more range on his jumper

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u0qMVYaMmBw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kux8gm_GU6Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Jeremy has only been a little bit worse than Dragic this season, and he's younger and less experienced.

I hate to admit it, but I was wrong and Morey was right. Not offering that player option was a good move.

1 person likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wish he hadn't been so greedy and just signed the deal he was offered....actually I bet HE wishes he wasn't so greedy and had just signed the deal he was offered, he wouldn't be stuck on a terrible Suns team.

4. pnr

pnr Member

Try to move on. Dragic is not going to be on the Rockets anytime soon. Why don't you go and follow the Suns and post your video highlights on the Suns board?

5. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

and what if Lin never develops a solid jumper, he already has shaky handles, and is turnover prone. Dragic is better in every way.

Dragic is slowing down now, because other teams are collasping on him, he has no other threat on his team. The Suns are in a tailspin, but Dragic is one of their few brightspots.

Dragic could have been an all-star player for the Rockets.. he was that good

6. yunac010

yunac010 Member

To be honest I miss Lowry but not Dragic. Like someone said, Lin and Dragic have been pretty even this season, and Lin still has a lot of room for improvement.

In the end I think Morey made the right decision.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

But he was greedy, so now he'll fade into obscurity on a garbage team that no one cares about. Poor decision on his part.

8. rogower

rogower Member

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

9. AFS

AFS Member

Finding a decent point guard is relatively not that difficult. There will be plenty more opportunities for players like Dragic in the future should our team need to find one.

10. GeneValgene

GeneValgene Member

yea...lowry was done wrong. he was the heart and soul of this team.

11. holly1985

holly1985 Member

There's already a thread with several pages on NBA DISH about this topic.

He had his chance but passed it.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

who cares. Screw him. Useless thread. 1 star.

13. AbrahamLincoln

At this point in Lin's career he is only going to improve. Same with most of our team. Patterson will probably have a real good 3pt shot next season if he keeps at it. Asik might develop something that resembles an offensive skill-set. This is Morris's first nba season. So much talent on the the team, the only problem is everyone's impatience with development.

I really enjoyed watching Dragic and I hated seeing him leave. Morey was right not to offer the player option though. And now I'm more than happy with the current makeup of this team.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Really? I personally was glad that they gave him his walking papers for throwing the fit he did. He got hurt, Dragic outplayed him, he didn't earn his playing time back....Same thing happened to Aaron Brooks. You need to earn your spot on the team unless you are a superstar player, Lowry clearly thought he was one of those, he was wrong. I love teams that don't put up with prima donna BS like that.

15. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Lowry is in a much better situation than Dragic. The Raptors are playing well and he's playing with Gay. Just be happy for him.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

In order for Dragic to have made the All-Star team this year, he'd have to beat out one of the following:

Chris Paul
    Kobe Bryant
    James Harden
    Russell Westbrook
    Tony Parker

Not to mention Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard who have had fantastic seasons but didn't make it.

If you didn't mean this year, but just eventually, the only player on that list of 7 who will probably be retiring or falling off anytime soon is Kobe Bryant. Eric Gordon will also be possible all-star guard if healthy in future years. Ricky Rubio and OJ Mayo are also possibilities. All of that without considering the players who have not yet entered the NBA or reached their full potential.

Are you sure you don't want to rethink that statement?

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

If that were the case he'd be the MVP and the Suns would at least be a playoff team.

18. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

agreed, but watching Lin drive to the whole flipping his head back is getting tiring. He doesnt even know to protect himself from falling after drive to the basket

I cant count how many layups Lin has missed and Harden, and Parsons, or Asik have tapped in off misses. On the other hand we had PG's last year who would rarely miss point blank layups.

But i agree with you, it takes time with a young PG such as Lin

19. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Yea because Tony Parker really doesnt have one of the greatest coaches ever, and solid team around him smh

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LOL Dragic will never be an AS player.

He will be a solid starter in this league, thats it.