1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I live in Utah. Jazz fans say: Jeff Withey > Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by napalm06, May 22, 2017.

?

You're an NBA GM building a roster. On your roster, you'd prefer to have:

1. Clint Capela

186 vote(s)
    91.2%
  2. Jeff Withey

8 vote(s)
    3.9%
  3. Neither

10 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

What's it like? I love mountains and the outdoors. Houston is way too flat for me to live happily.

2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Yeah. I don't think Withey is better than Capella. I am thinking though, if you are comparing guys just based on what they can do, and you take age and possible future value out of the equation, the gap becomes much smaller. I mean you live in Utah, so you must have seen more games than I did, but I was honestly impressed with what I saw from Withey. Mostly, he just appeared to be a very fundamentally sound guy, who played good defense, and had decent hands and finishing ability.

I don't think you could have him be Harden's lob guy (obviously), but I do like him.

You may disagree with this, but until our perimeter guys become better on ball defenders, and MUCH better helpers and communicators, *cough* Harden *Cough* a defensive upgrade in the middle won't put this team where it needs to be defensively

napalm06 likes this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Grew up in Houston from ages 0-20 and didn't know differently. When I came to college here and discovered what it's like having 4 true seasons in a dry climate, I really liked it. 90 degree summers, rainy springs, snowy winters, color changing falls.

Never ending hiking / off-roading / hang-gliding / pick an outdoor hobby. The dry climate and awesome mountains make anything outdoors really enjoyable. All of the tourists go to Park City but the 4 ski resorts down in Cottonwood have great prices and are great skiing. Snowbird might be the best ski resort in the USA.

If you like concerts / clubs / food Salt Lake City has enough to keep you interested. Food / good restaurants are the #1 thing I miss about Houston, though. Also..... ANY kind of racial diversity.. Utah has a very sparse population so outside of the I-15 corridor around Salt Lake, it gets "creepy small town".

Real estate prices are growing like mad right now as "Silicon Slopes" grows. Some companies have started to exit from high-cost California and a lot of start-ups have had success here, so it's a great place to be to get a tech job. Adobe and lots of small and growing software companies (MX, Workfront, Qualtrics, Domo, Entrata) are clustered here.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I didn't read the chat transcript so this might have been covered but if he was speaking in the context of domestic violence then he would be 100% correct and it's not even debatable. Basically when Withey says "I'd hit her" he literally means it.

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/04/2...-domestic-violence-gainst-nba-ex-jeff-withey/

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

yea but how do they compare with naynay's big dick?

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Haha, that was funny. That's a cool state though. It's like an outdoor paradise for hiking, skiing, tubing, biking, you name it. It's not all bad.

napalm06 likes this.
  7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Capella has alot of potential but I just don't know how much time we have to wait for him to finally reach it. He's what 6'10 240lb these days? The guy still plays like a twig. The only thing I like so far is his durability. Hopefully he works harder than ever this summer and develops some more muscle mass and a mean streak. Withey has potential but I just don't know if he is as gifted as Capella is. He's just definitely more assertive.

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Capella has alot of potential but I just don't know how much time we have to wait for him to finally reach it. He's what 6'10 240lb these days? The guy still plays like a twig. The only thing I like so far is his durability. Hopefully he works harder than ever this summer and develops some more muscle mass and a mean streak. Withey has potential but I just don't know if he is as gifted as Capella is. He's just definitely more assertive.

9. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

In westbrook tone
    Who he?

napalm06 likes this.
  10. don grahamleone

Jeff Withey has been on 3 teams in 4 years. He's gotta be better than Lin.

Here's Jeff at the beach:

[​IMG]

Here's Jeff in high school:

[​IMG]

Here's Jeff looking at his wife during dinner for an obviously posed shot:

[​IMG]

Here's Jeff not looking at his wife:

[​IMG]

Here's a team that valued Jeff so much that they let him go to Utah:

[​IMG]

Here's Jeff just before the tears started pouring out:

[​IMG]

Here's Jeff's defense that the Jazz fan was talking about:

Here's the gif the op can send to the Jazz fan:

[​IMG]

This is our boy, Clint and here's how you play center:

[​IMG]

Clint is even a better singer. Jeff wins at nothing vs Capela.

heypartner and napalm06 like this.
  11. don grahamleone

Come on man, he played for the Bullets and the Sonics. Oh wait...

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Fyi - ill be hittinhg up salt lake city this weekend.

Will give y'all an unbiased opinion next Tuesday

13. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

[​IMG]

Damn, that is a big sausage on the left!!!

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who is Jeff WIthey?

napalm06 likes this.
  15. sefril

sefril Member

Inspired by your moniker, maybe in Jazz forum somebody will register under the name of Witheysthirdleg :D

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Does wither even get another multi-year contract this offseason?

napalm06 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  17. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Withey honestly is a pretty damn effective player in the minutes he gets. Capela is the better scorer and rebounder. Withey is probably the better all-purpose defender.

The difference is that Clint has already passed the test of doing his thing against quality NBA starters without getting smoked or constantly fouled out. Withey has not.

napalm06 likes this.
  18. napalm06

19. napalm06

Not many people in here have addressed the fact that Capela's defensive stats actually are quite bad. Do we think Capela is just a dumb defensive player?

Or - like me - think that he just needs to continue to work on the fundamentals and add muscle to not get pushed off his spots so easily?

20. napalm06

Are you implying that my opinion is biased? Enjoy Salt Lake.