1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I know we have been really dominant but..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samiam1234, Nov 23, 2017.

1. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Ok, I see this thread as a critical point of view, not as a negative opinion or anything. All things considered, 4th game together, it is going to be a learning curve, and between 2 great players game to game we can improve so much.

If you want, let´s frame this dicussion comparing vs Durant/Curry. I see those 2 have not run a lot of sets that could be very interesting, and would say the same thing I said here, there is room to grow. I have yet to see a consistent Curry/Durnat pick and roll.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so could elite and smart PG Paul single handedly carry the rockets team last year to 55 wins despite him carrying his team to only 48 wins last year?

whats more important to you? wins or "turnovers"

and how the hell did you just conclude that Harden is not a smart player? because he made mistakes while being up 30 pts and while making up for those mistakes as well?

3. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

that wasn't even the point of discussion. We are talking about who is a better playmaker, not who is a better overall player. Rubio is a great passer and playmaker, yet he's not a great player overall. Get the distinction.

#103 brewer's goat, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  4. vlaurelio

how many wins do you think Harden would have led the Clippers last year? I would say at least 55 right?

5. vlaurelio

so you want Harden to defer to Rubio? GTFO idiot!

6. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

DId I say Rubio is a better playmaker than Harden? You seem to have some issue with reading comprehension.

#106 brewer's goat, Nov 24, 2017
  7. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

@vlaurelio ate his thanksgiving meal and is coming back for seconds.

i disagree with a lot of it, but the guy doesn't quit. get him on ESPN NOW!!!!!!!

SIL

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I could understand this. I'm not saying he was right, but I got it

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Assuming an 81 game season like last year, sure 55 games or more is possible. And Harden's durability is huge part of the value he brings, so that's a safe assumption.

These things aren't as predictable as your certitude would suggest, so I can't say 55 wins is a sure thing. Two seasons ago with a different coach, Harden barely lead his team to a .500 record.

10. vlaurelio

he was runner-up MVP.. with a inferior cast compared to CP3's coming into the season

and the whole point of CP3 joining Harden is to play with an elite playmaker not play with a better Reddick

I based my posts on seasons and wins not games and turnovers

do you all honestly think that CP3 would have joined the Rockets if Morey or MDA ever mentioned that if Cp3 and Harden is on the court together, then Harden will totally defer to CP3?

the whole point of playing with Harden is because CP3 cannot carry a team as the primary playmaker

#110 vlaurelio, Nov 24, 2017
  11. vlaurelio

then define better playmaker?

more assists or more points produced?

12. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

high assist numbers with good AST/TOV ratio. you also have to watch the game, as numbers don't always tell the whole story. CP3 has tighter handles, reads the defense better, and rarely makes 'dumb' mistakes throughout the game. Even if you're some kind of HOF, you have to admit that Harden does make some stupid mistakes time to time. I would say in terms of court vision and passing skills they are pretty much equal, but that's not what seprates them apart. What makes CP3 better as a floor general is his decision-making on the court, and again, rarely makes dumb mistakes.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The whole point of bringing in CP3 is neither player can "carry a team" as the primary playmaker. Harden ran out of gas when it mattered last year for this very reason.

I don't want either player to have to carry the team. As for who's the "better playmaker" -- I'm not even getting into that. They are both really good, in different ways, and we need to take advatange of that. Looks like that is what MDA is doing, so what are we arguing about?

14. vlaurelio

about the OP and other ignorant people here wanting Harden to totally defer to CP3

even CP3 would want to share play making with Harden if they're both on the court

that's exactly what the opponents want: a "deferring" Harden LOL

15. vlaurelio

lets say you're the GM of the rockets

rank what's most important to you?

wins
    total points produced
    point
    assists
    turnovers

16. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

no one is saying Harden should totally defer to CP3. Even if you're a great scorer, if a better scorer come to your team, you have to step down and be the 2nd scorer on the team. That's doesn't mean you totally abandon your scoring duties.

17. vlaurelio

so what should have harden done so we could have a better record than what we have? limit his shots or assists or touches?

18. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

don't digress from the point of discussion. Stick to playmaking skills, because that's the issue at hand here. Is Harden deferring his rebounding duties to a better rebounder some kind of insult to Harden? That's ridiculous and you know it.

19. vlaurelio

I mean is harden an elite rebounder?

we all know he is an elite playmaker right? and by what? by his wins and points produced

no one cares about his turnovers

people like MDA, CP3 looks at his seasons and wins

stupid fans like you look at his games and turnovers

20. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

nothing to do with what I'm saying. I was just pointing out how Harden needs to adjust his game when CP3 is on the court, and look to score more and be less of a point guard, because he didn't seem that way in the last game.