1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I know it's controversial but it has to be said. Chris Paul is better than James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kadoz, Oct 6, 2017.

1. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

CP3 is a seasoned player with outstanding Leadership skills. So far, I've seen him direct guys, yell at Capela to get down the court, huddle up the guys after a hard foul and just provide outright leadership throughout the game. He leads by example. Is he a better player than Harden? Is Curry better than Durant? We are going to have a special season.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Truer formulation: Chris Paul is better than James Harden at making the players around him better.

If you want to get better looks, shine, win, and have fun, come to Houston and join Chris Paul's team.

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

don't over react lol. i think harden is a better player still. not that it matters. they are both rockets and I just want the rockets to win.

cp3 is top 8 and harden is top 3 IMO

amaru and BigMaloe like this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Harden's offensive game has regressed a lot in terms of variety, jacks up way too many threes now and doesn't attach the rim enough

brewer's goat and PeterKingX like this.
  5. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Harden is a better offensive player. If his shots are falling he's better, if he kept struggling like in the last 2 preseason games, I don't know.

PeterKingX likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Everybody hates Chris Paul
    Chris Paul is better than James Harden

I see what you did there. ;)

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We are moving from debating about TJones and DMo to debating Paul and Harden.

[​IMG]

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I wonder if fans were arguing about who's better between drexler and Hakeem after the acquisition?

Probably not, because it's clear; but also because fans used to just be happy about obtaining an elite talent and not comparing against each other while ultimately putting one or the other down to prop up their favorite.

Reeko, Drogba, J Sizzle and 3 others like this.
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah thats why CP3 carried the scrubs Blake Griffin and Deandre to more wins
    than Harden with stars like RA and EGo

that's exactly what CP3 did

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's the preseason. I guess it's too much to ask that we wait to see some regular season games before making any grand pronouncements? Regardless, the early returns are exciting. Last season, before Harden began to wear down from carrying too much of a load, in my opinion, we had many games when it seemed that the Rockets could turn it on and pull away from teams whenever they got the urge. And with Chris Paul, after James and the rest have some extended time on the court with him, does anyone really think this team will "kick back" and then turn it on late? I don't think so. CP3 is relentless. No one is going to want to play us.

We just have to stay healthy.

Easy and hakeem94 like this.
  12. amaru

amaru Member

No argument here.

But remember why Chris Paul chose Houston.........James Harden.

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Quality stuff like this makes me wonder how anyone could hate @FTW Rockets FTW

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden's not "struggling" these preseason games. He literally just doesn't care, nor should he, so he's hoisting 3's.

He'll be fine.

15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

The argument is not who is better but will they and the Rockets be better together? You know, as a team.

This kind of thinking is beneath us. Our history is of Dream sharing individual trophies with the team and everyone on the team doing their part to win championships. I'd like to experience that again.

Easy, illwil29 and Deckard like this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And before that, just taking it all in, wanting to remember the moment. Hakeem was and is class personified. We had what many others in other cities can only dream about. I'd like to experience that again myself, rimrocker. Well said.

17. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

No way Paul averages 25ppg. I see him being a great facilitator in a 16-18ppg role with 10ast. Similar numbers to Nash's MVP seasons.

Harden will average 25ppg+ with maybe 8ast.

Capela will see the highest scoring increase. It's feasible to say he can average 18ppg with 10reb with an incredible playmaker/lob thrower on the court with him in his 30 minutes a game.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

For all his greatness (which are considerable), Harden tends to loose focus in the 4th quarter, leading to critical turnovers. This is when CP3 will be instrumental in addressing that weakness.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Paul is better than Harden. He has higher BBIQ, makes less mistakes, and plays harder. Harden is more talented.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

I know it's controversial but it has to be said. Yao Ming is better than Kelvin Cato.