1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"I knew you were coming for me..."

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by El Hitman, May 18, 2010.

1. El Hitman

El Hitman Member

Man Killed After Dog Urinates on Neighbor's Lawn

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/articl...charles-clements-chicago-suburb-lawn/19476442

Ben Muessig
    Contributor
    (May 13) -- An Illinois man was so protective of his lawn that he allegedly killed a neighbor whose dog urinated in front of his home.

According to police, 69-year-old Charles Clements -- whose manicured yard was reportedly named the best-looking lawn in the Chicago suburb of University Park -- shot and killed 23-year-old Joshua Funches after the victim's pet fox terrier relieved itself on Clements' property Sunday night.

Retired U.S. Marine Charles J. Clements is accused of killing a man whose dog urinated on his lawn. A Chicago judge has released the 69-year-old on $3 million bail, following the May 12 incident.

Retired U.S. Marine Charles J. Clements is accused of killing a man whose dog urinated on his lawn. A Chicago judge has released the 69-year-old on $3 million bail, following the May 12 incident.

The victim's mother, Patricia Funches, told the Chicago Tribune that her son lost his life in a squabble about landscaping.

"It was all over a little wooden plaque," she said, referring to a sign honoring Clements' award-winning lawn. "It was a senseless death."

After Funches -- a father of two with a third child on the way -- allowed his dog Gucci to urinate on Clements' yard, the former Marine and retired truck driver exchanged nasty words with the victim.

Witnesses say Clements drew a handgun, and Funches told him: "Next time you pull out a pistol, why don't you use it?"

According to WBBM 780, Funches then started to walk back toward his home, but Clements approached him from behind and shot him once in the abdomen.

When police arrived on the scene, they reportedly found the victim bleeding on the ground in front of a vacant home down the block from Clements' home, and witnesses directed the officers to the suspect's house -- where Clements was waiting in his garage with the door open.

"I knew you were coming for me," he told police, according to Will County Assistant State's Attorney Sondra Denmark. "That's why I changed my clothes. I knew you were coming for me."

Investigators recovered a .45-caliber handgun from the home that they believe Clements used in the killing. Clements faces first- and second-degree murder charges, and is being held on $3 million bail.

Neighbors said they knew Clements was protective of his grass -- he actually has a sign on his mailbox warning the mailman to keep off his lawn.

But they never thought his passion for landscaping would turn violent.

"I was thinking that was so petty," Kwesi Sallis, a friend of the victim, told WBBM. "You're a grown man. He's a young man, you know what I'm saying? It's just some grass, you know? You can grow the grass back."

Is this guy serious?!?!?!? Really? He killed somebody to defend his grass??? This dude had two kids and one on the way...man I feel for his family.

2. AGBee

AGBee Member

Last year or so I posted about a redneck that attacked me after he thought he saw my dog touch his grass.

Anyway, put a bullet in this guy's head.

3. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

Wow can't believe 3 children lost their father over some someone's lawn. :(

The old guy reminds me of this

[​IMG]
    +
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z7X2_V60YK8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z7X2_V60YK8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

4. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

as messed up as this story is... i hate when people take their dogs for walks and have them crap on your front lawn. that's just wrong. they should be carrying a plastic bag and picking up that sh!+.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

well he got what he asked for. :eek:

6. AGBee

AGBee Member

Any pet owner that doesn't pick up after their pet is irresponsible.

7. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

But in this case the guy's dog only urinated on the lawn.

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Yeah, not to defend the crazy old b*stard, but the proper response when your dog pisses on someone's lawn and they acually get mad enough to pull a gun on you is "I'm sorry."

9. hjg877

hjg877 Member

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

aggie?

1 person likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Oh well.. the kid had it coming. Must be a pretty slow and painful death if he got shot at the abdomen though...

The old man must be pretty loaded if he can pay a 3 mil bond.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

who the hell names their dog Gucci

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

That's what SHE said. :eek:

1 person likes this.
  14. updawg

updawg Member

lol :)

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That can kill the grass. And this guy apparently loved him some lawn. Of course it didn't help the young guy provoked the old marine even more.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The whole time reading this...all I can think about is Clint Eastwood's character in "Gran Turino" near the beginning of the film where he was about to go ballistic because the neighbor's argument carried over barely onto his lawn.

It really makes no sense what he did. People aren't usually senile at 69 years old. But, I would guess his past as a marine was a factor in this. He probably has some deep issue somewhere that created the possibility for this to happen.

Worst case, the urine would have yellowed the grass in that spot but it would have bounced back. Chances are one urination on a spot on the lawn is not going to affect the grass at all. It's just so damn stupid. I think it was more about the guy basically daring him to shoot that was probably more about what this was. Him being a marine...he had no problem accommodating the guy rather than being the one left looking silly for drawing a gun but not considered a real threat to use it. He had to get the last word, or shot, in.

So, who will he be giving his classic car to? He won't need it anymore.

17. Nero

Nero Member

Anyone else click on this thread thinking... well, *something else* ??

18. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Exactly. You're asking for trouble if you let a dog named Gucci piss anywhere he shouldn't.

19. right1

right1 Member

Actually, the infusion of nitrogen in the urine acts as a fertilizer and is very good for the grass. Who doesn't like to piss in their backyard every now and then? It makes the flowers grow.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Its a dog, not a human boy. Dogs can have all sorts of names.