1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Keep Forgetting We're Not in First Place Anymore

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ima_drummer2k, Nov 12, 2013.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CnjEzx7Glr8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is this happening to you too? As I'm watching other games and checking scores, I'm thinking about all the possible outcomes and how they would affect the Texans playoff seeding. Then I remember that it doesn't affect it at all - because we're 2-7.

The AFC sucks this year - doesn't matter, we suck
    The Patriots look vulnerable this year - doesn't matter, we suck
    Reggie Wayne is out for the year - doesn't matter, we suck
    The Rams just destroyed the Colts at home - doesn't matter, we suck
    Locker is out for the year in tenneessee - doesn't matter, we suck
    The once-proud cowboys are now proud to be 4-4 - doesn't matter, we suck

This is literally the strangest NFL year ever in the city of Houston. And that's saying something.

1 person likes this.
  2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its the NFL. Things turn around both ways pretty fast.

Its clear the Texans are what their record says. Bad offense, bad defense, bad special teams. Atlanta has a similar problem/syndrome... except they already have their "young core" that can't really be replaced.

Kansas City is benefitting from the misfortune... and could very well sneak into the Super Bowl, if they handle their games with Denver.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

My cousin asked me yesterday if I was pissed about the Texans loss this weekend. I told him, "No. I quit being pissed about them after they lost their 5th in a row." I'm just watching as a fan of the team and a fan of football, but there's no emotion left. After what the Astros have become and what the Texans are currently doing, I just don't feel much like getting emotionally invested in my teams right now. I will keep watching and rooting, but they aren't going to ruin my day or week any more.

1 person likes this.
  4. TheDreamShake83

I agree with you completely now but would have thought differently during the preseason. I think that this season has just been the ultimate "if something can go wrong it will" season. Schaub decided to have the worst year ever, Foster has been non-existent, OD is out along with Manning, Cushing, and our offensive line might as well just move out of the way to let the defense through (I don't even want to think about the Reed signing). We have also seen the reemergence of the Texans that only play half of a game which is quite possibly the most frustrating aspect about them!

I do think that our defense is good. The only thing with them is that they have to get turnovers. It does not matter how good a defense is if they cannot force turnovers.

With all of that being said, I am ok with this year because I think we can bounce back quickly. Keenum has shown that he can handle himself and assuming that he does not regress, I look forward to him doing well. I think that Kubiak should have been gone already but I am afraid that he might not go now because it might look bad to fire a coach that had a stroke. Hopefully we use the draft well and can have a healthy season next year. We need an offensive lineman and a pass rusher more than anything. I would also be ok with joining the new fad of getting an athletic TE that can really stretch the field.

Being a lifelong Houston sports fan, I will continue to support my crappy teams and just wait until next year!

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

They're 5-5 now yet still somehow still pretty proud of it..... "1st place in the division, it's all that matters!" yeah that's saying a lot. :rolleyes:

Idiots.

6. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I saw the title and was about to post the same song!!! Damn you!!!
    Just remember:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UOFvKHMSCnY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. conquistador#11

we should be 5-4
    we should be 0-9
    but there we are at 2-7.

hey guys, if we win 2 games in a row again, I will cut my long hair and vine it!

sad season indeed.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:confused:

[checks NFL standings, records]
    Nope.

[checks again]
    NOPE.

:eek: Can you PLEASE check your facts before you post?

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Pretty much everyone correctly assumed that was a typo without having to go back to check the standings and records to confirm it.

10. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Preseason - We're winning the Superbowl! (Most pundits agree)
    First couple of games - We're going to be in the Superbowl!
    Next - AFC Champs!
    Then - AFC South Champs!
    After - Playoffs!
    A little later - Playoffs?
    Last week - For pride, or something.
    Arizona - "We're winning to put a smile on Coach K's face." (Swatt)

11. Nook

Nook Member

Terrible coaching and leadership from the top of the organization down.... (McNair, Smith, Kubiak, Wade)
    Injuries to key players....... (Cushing, Foster, Tate, Daniels, Manning)
    Young players not developing....... (Mercilus, Bullock, Posey, Harris)
    Veterans ****ting the bed.... (Shaub, Reed)

All adds up to a 2-7 team that really should be 1-8.

12. jojobabbu

jojobabbu Member

Repped

1 person likes this.
  13. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Bingo, bingo, bingo.

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

So it's only "right now"? Got it.

When they start winning again, you'll get back ON the bandwagon, right? Cool. :cool:

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

most pundits did certainly not agree the Texans were going to win the Super Bowl this year.

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Yeah, they are still pretty arrogant in spite of the total butt-kicking NO gave them on Sunday night. To hear Jerry talk on his radio show this morning: "we've got them where they want us!". The bottom may have completely fallen out of the Texans' bandwagon this season but at least we can all be thankful that Uncle Bob isn't playing the role of GM. And as long as JJ keeps pretending that he knows what he is doing, the Cows are doomed!

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This season = [​IMG]

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

My only enjoyment now is watching Case play.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I love the Doobie Brothers.

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I guess it's appropo also then for us texans fans,

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dJe1iUuAW4M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>