1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I hope Hill and Duncan Stay put

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davo, May 11, 2000.

1. davo

davo Contributing Member

Let me be the first to say (well maybe I'm not the first, but I'm going to say it anyway) that I hope Duncan and Hill re-sign with their current teams - long term.

As nice as it would be to get our hands on one of these guys, it would be refreshing to see them show some loyalty to their club and fans, AND discourage the cap clearing, tanking behaviour of teams like Chicago.

The new CBA is all about encouraging players to stay with their existing clubs and re-building through the draft rather the free agency. I hope it works.

Disclaimer 1:know that tanking (Chicago) does lead you to rebulding through the draft but in this case (Chicago) the cap clearing has, in effect, perpetuated the tanking

Disclaimer 2: I know Duncan was obtained by San Antonio in the first place after they tanked, but you have to start somewhere!

------------------
    http://rocketdavo.tripod.com

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I know what you are saying Davo.

I think Chicago should be punished for their tanking as well, not rewarded. I hate those Jerry guys. They are Eeeeviiil.

I hope that Duncan signs elsewhere though. I cant help it. I just hate the Spurs, but I think TD is alrite. I could care less what Hill does.

Personally, I believe the CBA will work. There will still be tanking, but I dont think this cap clearing stuff will happen this bad in the future. I hope not. Basketball will suffer if this becomes the norm.

------------------
    Cato is 7 feet tall.

3. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

This is true, but Duncan has already brought the city of San Antonio their first NBA championship, and that team is old and on the decline. Their problem is that they're still too good to have a good draft pick.

Duncan wants to continue to win. I'd much rather get him now, than later, like with Clyde and Barkley. Yeah, I realize we won it all with Clyde, but those were special circumstances, and we only got to see him play here for a short while.

So, I say, "Tim Duncan, you are welcome here, and I think no other player would fit our team as well as you would."

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

[This message has been edited by DREAMer (edited May 11, 2000).]

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If Hill, Duncan, and Lewis would stay put, and tell us NOW, along with Mihm and Swift, that they are staying put, I could get a lot more sleep around here, during this summer hibernation.

5. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

davo,

If Hill and Duncan stay with their current teams, then Chicago and Orlando will just look further down the free agent list and possibly offer good money to players such as Cat and R Lewis. The bottom line is that somebody will fall to the temptation and leave their current teams for the highest bidder.

Mango

------------------
    Arch Stanton lives!

Donate Blood!

6. today

today Contributing Member

If Hill and Duncan both ended up in the East, that would help us out a lot. We wouldn't have to go through either of them to get to the Finals, and it would decrease the level of superior talent that the West currently holds.

------------------
    "People think I live a pampered life, but I work hard to keep up my business."

7. davo

davo Contributing Member

I agree with all the advantages you guys are talking about, and if Duncan came here I'm sure I wouldn't be upset for too long. [​IMG]

However, for the overall good of the game, I hope they stay where they are. Sure, Chicago and Orlando will look further down the FA pool, but more fool them - they will probably end up overpaying whoever they get and hurting themselves in the future.

------------------
    http://rocketdavo.tripod.com