1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Haven't Been This Proud Since The Championship Years

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Apr 30, 2009.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

it's not only about getting out of the first round for the first time in 12 years. most people will say getting out of the first round is small beans. it's the way the rockets did it. it's what they had to go through just to get here.

i don't have to remind everyone of the adversity that we've all become so accustomed to. this team had the heart to overcome. they had it last year during the streak, losing yao, making the playoffs when everyone wrote them off. they fought hard in that series with a starting line up that consisted of 3 players who needed immediate surgery, a rookie, and a 40+ year old player.

this season wasn't any easier. losing tmac, trading rafer, injuries to ron and shane early on, then deke. the difference from last year is this time we can all consider this year a success!

i don't want to turn this into an adelman debate, but last year and this one have been great. his era in houston is off to a GREAT start!

2. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Amen brother.

Finally!!

3. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

It's amazing what happens when you get a favorable matchup. For once, we won the game of rock, paper, scissors.

4. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

Finally........................

5. hahachui

hahachui Member

Yes! We've done it even without out MR. 20m.....who never leads his team to second round

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i didn't believe them, but it doesn't matter. they made me proud.

7. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

In Adelman I trust

8. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

It's been so long...I had forgotten just how good it feels to close out a series.

God it feels good.

9. lalala902102001

The 2008-2009 season has been a success.

This series win will go a long way for the Rockets. They badly needed this.

Congratulations Rockets.

10. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

Im right there with you guys! Not as sweet as our championships but damn near it!

11. slimichael85

slimichael85 Member

These players showed us they have a champon heart. Go Rockets!

12. 8INCHTHIRDLEG

8INCHTHIRDLEG Member

i was more proud one time. my teacher gave me back my algebra 2 test and i got a 100. than she said just kidding you failed you have to go to summer school again!

13. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

This Rockets came in as an underdog, and they finished 4-2 on the top, great job :D

14. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

dont ever underestimate the heart of the Rockets!
    ~

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

I will never forget the feeling of that first championship. This moment is similar because of the long wait. It feels like a huge boulder has been lifted off the Rockets and their fans. As far as I am concerned, the season is now a success. Now, with the pressure gone, I really believe that a "freestyling" Rockets team could give LA some anxious moments. If we extend the series, the season will go beyond my expectations. Had they not lost the final game to the Mavs, I think the team would be going to the finals and that is amazing. I believe that we could have beaten N.O. and Denver.

16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

17. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

It brought a smile to my face to see this team head to the second round. I'm proud of them.

Hey Fakers.......................we've got a date!!!!!!!

18. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

not to get into a "what if" discussion, but it shouldn't have come down to the last game. they lost 7 games to teams in last place in their division. take away tmac's inconsistency and some of those games would have gone to us. i think we would definitely be in the conference finals has we been 3rd or second.

i agree that this team might just feel like they have nothing to lose against LA. if they steal game one again, this could be interesting. from this point on, it's all gravy because the season is a success!!

19. dox

dox Member

why does getting out of the first round have to be a prompt to attack mcgrady.. had mcgrady played we also woulda won this series.. if u dont realize that ur dillusional.. its a game of matchups, and believe it or not, if we were matched up against the jazz we likely would have lost.. nonetheless the team is much better with the emergence of luis scola, wafer, brooks (room for improvement), lowry, and others.. so quit acting like we got thru the first round in spite of mcgrady, as if we woulda advanced in previous years without him... all u chinese fans are yao ming homers and anyone else who takes a share of the spotlight u look for any chance to scrutinize.. mcgrady isnt the greatest player in teh world, but stop acting as though hes worthless... if t-mac was playing with us we would be a better team.. dont deny it... btw yao ming is mad overrated in large part due to the masses of chinese fans

20. dox

dox Member

oh and what the heck is mr. 20m? i know ur referrin to tracy but i dont get it