1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to miss Patrick Beverley, and I am serious...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roxs-Redemption, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Roxs-Redemption

This is another appreciation thread for PatBev, sending some positive vibes to the former Rocket

Don't get me wrong I love having Chris Paul in our Rocket's uniform rocking that #3 uniform and he is wearing it proudly to overtake what Steve Francis done for Rocket's. Truth be told, I only started following Rockets when I was in year 8 of my high school years and in 2008 [Back when I was immature and had a burner account back in the day, that I no longer use now (@BeCoMiNgThEbEsT), and has come to the full understanding and how dramatic ClutchFans website has improved since.], we had a crazy mixed few seasons since then, but what stood out to me the most was catching some highlights of the back end of the 22-0 win streak, it truly meant something.

A winning streak that is true can be forgetful with the type of information and data analytical, e-sports, sporting technology and instruments to help the coaching team get great insights to become a great team. The synergy for NBA and sports worldwide not just what I have found in Australia but most of the growth and sourcing comes from US techniques. If we were to use this competitive advantage, we can seriously win a Championship sooner than later. If we can retain players, we may do it for the best of our best-known chemistry we have.

Anyway, I don't post here often and heading back to the topic I was originally gonna share was about Beverley, he has been working in silence but I don't know how far his progress is. I dearly miss him when he energises the crowd. Now the whole team is cheering as a chemistry mixed together that could only mean great things ahead.

Let me just add some highlights of Mr Hustler, Mr. 94ft, Mr Beverley himself to help us get ready for playoffs.
    He was definitely a crowd energiser just a season ago. Very underrated how far he has grown and matured in the league. I seriously hope he still has the passion to play.

We may have someone (namely, CP3) better but his work doesn't go unnoticed if you look hard enough, he was definitely a crowd pleaser and I look forward to seeing how he plays against Harden. I respect Patrick because he personally reminds me of how I want to work hard with life dreams and pursue endeavours, he energises me being a fan so far away and the desire to try what his mother cook's and his life is similar to me in a small way.

We should give some credit to Patrick as he implanted some ideas how defensive could be always be preached better with help from Jeff Bzdelik, they are both from Illinois.

Bare with me, it's 2 AM and moreover, I have no idea what I am doing with the game starting not too long before I know it I may have already slept past it.

--
    Disclaimer:
    Even though this is posted in April Fool's day for you State siders, it could well indeed be a serious post for me anyway...

HakeemOnlyFan and Jontro like this.
  2. Roxs-Redemption

HakeemOnlyFan and D-rock like this.
  3. Roxs-Redemption

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  4. Roxs-Redemption

5. Roxs-Redemption

And anyone who know remember Beverley that well.. will remember this article:

Patrick Beverley - The X Factor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here I am waiting for NBA Playoff's to start. Don't label me as Beverley Only Fan. I've been loyal to the organisation for now almost over 10 years now. Hopefully I will stick around on ClutchFans when I can, last season playoffs I was a no show, I hid under a shell of a mistake I did and IIRC starting a thread before @JR got to it. It was one of the playoff's games with Cavs and some other team.
    [​IMG]

HakeemOnlyFan and D-rock like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t miss Bev, I barely think about him tbh...I loved his hustle and energy, but dude is injured again and I would give him up every single time if it meant adding CP3 to the roster

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Bev's impact on the Clippers this year has been nothing short of amazing.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I miss Mo Taylor's 16 foot jumpers, and 14 first quarter points.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Chris Paul is our starting point guard. I never think about Beverly to be honest. But thanks for the crazy post Pat.

11. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

lost a lot of love for this dude when he started talking **** about houston

12. Roxs-Redemption

I can see where you are coming from mate, I would easily take CP3 over Beverley too, just want to cheer up some fans who are still trying to realise what mentality he may have impacted James Harden to play more defense this season and try to push himself a little harder. I respect both CP3 and PatBev. There is no bias in my thread, if there is any on one side, I may as well stop posting here on CFs and making threads for half a year.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Didn't Bev talk mess about the Rockets to the media, while he remained injured on the Clippers?

If memory serves, we were the only team to give him a chance in the NBA.

lw17, Jontro, AroundTheWorld and 2 others like this.
  14. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I respect Bev but he doesn’t cross my mind at all

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

this, I loved Beverly while he was here. I respected the hustle and heart.

But with CP3 I realized you really don't need all that intangibles. If you just play good solid basketball, you just win games. CP3 doesn't holler or pump his chest, but he plays 10 times better defense than Beverley just by being more fundamentally sound.

I thought Beverley's defense was kinda of inconsistent because it's not based on skill or technique just hustle.

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

This never happened. Also, if you never capitalize any of your words, be sure to always capitalize Houston

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

PBev is so last year.

bmelo likes this.
  18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I don't miss him at all.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. Roxs-Redemption

OKay, maybe I wasn't here to know more about what Beverley says about us, Houston Rockets organisation and everything else he throw shady and salty stuff about this organisation..
    My apologies, feel free to bury this thread and not touch it again if need be. I don't know the full story, I do see him as an aggressive type of guy who does kind of give bad vibes to Rockets with the media and press.

I dont know the whole backstory, I appreciate your responses and got to know what happened with Beverley better because of it.

Again, apologies for creating this thread. Let's bury this stupid thread and move on.

Thanks for those who took the time to read through it.

20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Bev's defense was solid. CP3's is even better. I was certainly missing him earlier in the year when we were playing Briante Weber (had to look that name up), but with Green here Bev's minutes would be crunched. We're on another level now. I'd take him back next year for the minimum, like Luc, but otherwise we have larger plans.