1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE TREVOR ARIZA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StonesRunIt, Dec 28, 2009.

1. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ariza is the new T-mac

And the beat goes on.

3. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

I agree with this so much. First I wrote this post in caps with a lot of swearing and really angry. Now I’ll try being rational.
    RIGHT NOW he is Alston without a dribble, every time someone says his offence is bad people will say his defence is great and gives out all out hustle and effort. Yeah we’ll Alston did was doing the exact same things… “he has good ball security, he plays good defence and he sets up the offence…” yeah right look where that got him. He is absolute trash!
    Luckily for us Ariza isn’t that kinda trash. He is a good player if he will play exactly like he did in L.A, It would benefit the team so much. The way to do this is reduce his minutes to a maximum of 30 minutes ago because playing him anymore will cause him to lose intensity for his defence and “effort”. To be honest right now his attitude sucks and it seems like he is wondering around on the court, I’m not going to say his mentally weak so soon, but he ain’t what some thought he was and through his attitude display on the court I think he also feels like, “why aren’t I doing this well…?” The answer is simple go back to his L.A. He will get more shots and his a good enough stand still shooter to hit them but his priority should be concentrating his effort on defence by having a solid balance between when to go for the steal and when to not gamble…
    Right now his not playing up to his defensive potential, he should be learning and watching how to play positional defence like Battier instead of watching McGrady or Brooks create their own dribble, because unfortunately he ain’t going to develop that, EVER.
    To me right now I think mentally its hurting him and his obviously not happy with the way his playing and because of this, its affecting his other positive attributes. Once a player becomes mentally affected his play will suffer greatly even if he did have the skills. So he must change his current mindset and not put to much pressure on himself and expect to much. By lowering his overall expectation he will shoulder less burden and play with more freedom “in his mind” which will DEFINETLY result in positive results on the court.
    By lowering his minutes and him mentally changing his mindset and increasing Budinger’s minutes to around 20-25 a game, our team will have a stronger balance between defence and offence and our players will be operating at their best… hopefully Ariza realizes this, instead of continuing this limbo…

4. Chiron

Chiron Member

Thank GOD you are not he GM of this team or a NBA scout.

5. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

He ain't developing anything offensively anymore...

6. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

Why? which bit is wrong. What do you disagree with and propose we should do with him in order to improve our team's chances of winning?

I am positive if they reduced Ariza to 30 minutes a game and Adelman and Ariza has a discussion about his recent slump and his role on the team. The team will improve.

7. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

I seriosuly think he read into the hype to much and believed he could do certain offensive things. Now that his struggling, its hurting him mentally.. a lot, affecting his positives

8. Chiron

Chiron Member

Go to Rockets.com look for jobs... select coach and hit apply. If hired they will let you do what ever you want.

9. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

His almost triple double efforts are negated by his horrible shot selection shooting us out of games...

10. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

You basically just said my idea was horrible except you don't even say why.

11. emmanuelb

emmanuelb Member

arizas struggles are solely on adelman hes playin out of position he is not a 2 guard adelman doesnt know how to coach talent he just knows how to coach a system adelman is a middle of the pack coach.

12. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

2 and 3 are basically interchangable. I think its on both Adelman and Ariza to a certain extent. Ariza can still play his natural good roll at the SG spot, its just pairing him with Battier causes him to FEEL LIKE he has to do more. Everytime Ariza thinks or tries to do more, thats when he becomes Rafer like.

The only solution that won't cause to much chemistry issue is to increase Budinger's minutes because he is the only one with offensive potential on this team.

For those arguing that people need time to let him adjust to the starting roll and heavy minutes. Yes that is true he needs time to adjust, but not in the way he is doing it now. He needs to adjust by extrapolating what he did for the Lakers last year and put it into a consistent 30 minute time frame rather then the 20 - 25 he was getting last year. If he can do that then it will surely help. The heavy minutes effect him because he tries to do more and more offensively and thats when the big minutes take a toll on his stamina leading to let down in defence.

Ariza has no offensive potential, although he is still a great GREAT player if he plays his roll.

13. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

Like someone says, if this year is a development year then we should give some minutes to Taylor because Budinger is out. Taylor has more offensive potential to develop even if he makes some mistakes, his proved his offensive powers in college where as Ariza...

14. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

Most people that tried this would be DEAD by the end of the game! Also, consider that if (...sorry WHEN) he missed a shot, everyone would be tempted to take a double shot. There is only so much liquor a body can hold. :grin:

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You just don't hate your own players....

16. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

before him, it was Artest, but prior to that, i cant remember a player I hated since maybe Barkley and his random 3's.

17. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

what are you talking about?

18. joesr

joesr Member

Just wanted to rate this

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

you can dislike the members of our team but hate??! I hate only the UTAH j*zz.....and the mavs

20. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

Ariza-yes

Jazz-yes

Jason Terry- ( as a houston opponent) Hell yes