1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE TREVOR ARIZA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StonesRunIt, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Once he gets treatment for his back and hip, I have no doubt that Morey is going to sign him the second he is ready. It's just a matter of time before he is back with us.

2. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Shooting at practice is different than in real games. In practice you can always stay at your favorite spots, in real games you dont' have the pleasure of doing it. Practice is going to help but actually doing it in real games and learning from it will help even more.

Bringing up the Record indicates the whining people make even if we are winning. LOL

If we were 2-28 and Ariza was shooting 32%, god forbid this board would explode.

Interesting comment on people more deserving....like who?

AB - who handles the ball and if you ask him to shoot more, wouldn't that mean he is a ball stopper?
    Shane - Who only takes corner 3's
    Chuck Hayes - really?
    Scola - Sure if he actually touched the ball often enough.
    Landry - He already gets a ton of shots coming from the bench, do we become 1 dimensional?
    Chase - Sure no problem, except he gets 15 minutes a game
    Cook- Really?
    JT - couldn't get off the bench until Chase got hurt
    t-mac - Who?

If Ariza doesn't shoot and you have a starting lineup of Hayes, Shane, Ariza, I guess it means AB/Scola are going to have 24FGA between the both of them in the 1st quarter. He needs to shoot, so teams will be honest with him, because occasional he does have some outstanding offensive games.

If Ariza was to produce 20+ pts shooting 44%, he would be consider a superstar because he also plays good defense.

3. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

correction on this line

Bringing up the Record indicates the whining people make even if we are winning. LOL

Bringing up the Record indicates we have people whining even when we are winning.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

in conclusion, you are a douchebag.

learn how to not come across like an a-hole if you are going to criticize his game.

5. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

You mean Ariza doesn't fit? Oh the irony.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, Chase's injury came at the worst possible time for Adelman. Chase is the one wing on this team who doesn't suck in any way. Everybody else either sucks on offense (Ariza, Taylor) or sucks on defense (McGrady). Of course, Shane is who he is, and that hasn't changed.

As far as McGrady goes, he's doing OK in individual defense but he has been terrible in team defense within the short stints he's had. Now it's up for debate how much of that is due to unfamiliarity with the team and missing chemistry -- he has obviously not been on the same page with his teammates on several occasions, but at the same time Jermaine Taylor doesn't seem to be having those problems despite not seeing regular rotation minutes.

Get well soon, Chase.

6. SunsRocketsfan

yup most players after 24 dont improve much. They can refine things such as learn some new skills.. but if they are not a good shooter they are not suddenly going to become a good shooter.. if they are not a good rebounder they are not suddenly going to become a good rebounder.. if they cant dribble they are not suddenly going to learn some handles.. Again I am saying most players there are a few exceptions but most players come out of college at the age of 18-21 and in the first few years you can tell if they are going to be a star, a roller player or some bench scrub. Agree most people have expectatios to high for ariza and till we get a star back in the lineup to play along side with then the jury is out which is why I said he is more like a 6th man type off the bench. Or even a 3rd or more likely a 4th option. Problem we have now is he thinks he's the first option.. oh well as long as we keep winning..

7. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

very cute

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

not trying to be cute. you are being a rude fool by saying you hate someone because of his lack of game this year.

9. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

its cute u think i care, sorry i wasnt clear.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

11. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

Actually im black and rather dark. And if u think me not caring about your opinion makes me an "e-thug", then Im sure you're constantly surrounded by these dreaded "e-thugs".

12. logicx

logicx Member

I don't hate Ariza yet...now if he starts acting like tmac then maybe...but he's not there yet...he's a young guy who doesn't have it all together yet, and I can hold back my hatred for that. Anger, yes. Hatred, no.

Hopefully he'll get better or...well, we're in a little trouble!

13. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

I'm down with that.

14. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

A slim Ron Artest V.3!

15. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

yea considering LeBron is v.2

16. marciagong

marciagong Member

Can't say I didn't see this coming. And wish you all have fun bashing him after T-Mac is gone. ;)

17. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

Honestly, can you hate Carl Landry this year? At all?

18. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

"And everyone who thinks he’s shooting too many threes should just blame me. We want him to shoot them. We want Trevor to either take threes or drive to the hoop. "

- Daryl Morey
    12/17/2009

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/q_with_daryl_morey_rockets__2009_12_17.html

19. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Just you wait, when we have to re-sign him. We already low balled him in the past. This time around its his turn.

20. ericmark

ericmark Member

I miss Rafer, thanks for the remind.
    I enjoy NBA in either way, love it or "hate it".
    No superstar? No sweat.
    LOL!