1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE JOE JOHNSON

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsdreamer, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He so bad he can't get any worse.

JJunk.

Mr. Space City and kevtse like this.
  2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Man.. he had one of the keys plays to changed the game in OKC favor. Fouling Melo on a three point shot for no reason. Should of closed out, but nope he wanted to be ZaZa and be in the same area that Melo landed in.

napalm06 and Mr. Space City like this.
  3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

No, I was at the game last night. I saw him close with my own eyes. His body is in a good condition. He looked mentally weak.

Tankeio likes this.
  4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Morally, I'd love to send positive vibes to Joe Johnson. Theoretically, he could do some things for us in the playoffs that would be really useful.

Empirically, I see no evidence that he's getting any closer to doing these things. Despite all the PT he's been given, I see the same poor defense, poor shooting, and poor post work that he's produced since he arrived.

If you're D'Antoni, can you pull the plug on this experiment and just sit him in the playoffs? Or do you go into the first round banking on his clutchness and continuing to hope that he'll round into form?

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That was a big back breaker.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

His body is always in good condition, but his legs are nearly 37 years old. He can"t run, and neither can Nene,

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Sit him out, unless he shows significant improvement in stamina.

8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

It’s not that ridiculous. Yes, Joe is below replacement value. Green is hanging around there. But if we need Green to play 25 minutes for whatever reason, we are in trouble. He’s a 9th or 10th man.

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

@chenjy9 please come tell everyone how wrong they are.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Don't listen to what cheng says

He is a Lin fan who is almost always wrong on anything basketball

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  11. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Just needs to limit taking 3s and post up more.

12. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Greens role isn't to play 25 minutes, and that really hasn't been the theme in his career. He is a 20 minute guy.

However, still disagree with you. Right now he is averaging 22.5 minutes for us. If he averaged an extra 2.5 min's a game I don't think we would be 'in trouble'.

I think we would still be the #1 seed

carib and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Man I wanted to see him start hitting shots but I'm not seeing how he can be rewarded pt with dumb fouls and turnovers.

Problem late game is that if James tenses, the rest of the team tenses up. Usually it's Harden that rescues the team and mood in comeback situations so the first issue was should be worked on mid season. I'd assume JoJo would bring some sense of calm with his experience but all I see is him taking part in blowing leads.

Definitely something to lose sleep over if they play the same in the first round. It's more the matter of preparedness in future rounds with better talent, tougher adjustments, and nor competent coaches.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He looks so bad because Gerald Green who was never treated as a star in his life plays way above him.

Talking about dat efficient bench dude.

15. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

I cringe every time I see JJ on the court taking minutes from contributing players!

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

People continue to overreact as usual, but then again, that is par for course on this BBS. I said in the very beginning when we signed JJ that we were not signing him to replace any of our core players. I also said we have to play him and give him a chance to mesh in order to really see what he can bring to the table. He's had some really good moments and some really bad ones, namely his shot still not falling from anywhere. I thought he would be in better basketball shape, but he hasn't turned that corner yet. That said, when our team is healthy, there are not too many minutes for either him or GG to begin with.

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

The playoffs are a different story. The margins are going to be slim. If we are going to make a real run, we can't have a 40% shooter playing big minutes. I know he's a fan favorite, but he's literally sitting at replacement level right now. You can't have a replacement level guy playing more than replacement level minutes in the playoffs (5-10 min max).

We have several players that are better than him and I hope they see the bulk of the minutes. I really want to see Green succeed and make some big buckets, but I also realize that having him play big minutes is going to come at the cost of defensive efficiency.

He's still better than JJ by a damn sight, we can agree on that.

Here's where I see our playoff rotation in terms of minutes

Harden 35 min
    Paul 35 min
    Capela 25-30 min
    Ariza 30 min
    Tucker 25 min
    LMAM 25 min
    Gordon 30 min
    Ryan Anderson 20 min
    Nene 10-15 min
    Situationally - Green may get 5 min here and there and hopefully no more because it would come at the cost of one of those other guys.

Knowing D'Antoni, Paul and Harden are going to get closer to 40 minutes anyway. Ariza probably too. I hope he realizes the depth we have.

I hope Johnson and Black are out of the playoff rotation. I don't think either can be playing meaningful minutes for us if we want to win.

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

That’s not how you spell “I was wrong”.

#678 xtruroyaltyx, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  19. Newlin

Newlin Member

I want to see JJ playing 48 minutes per game the next two games. We are just trying to get to the end of the regular season.

bulkatron likes this.
  20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder who wins a foot race between Joe and Ryno nowadays