1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I hate NBA League Pass...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tigermission1, Feb 10, 2007.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

So I finally decided to get NBA League Pass (Dish Network) so that I can keep up with Rockets games when I am out of town.

Only one problem: I can watch every single game for every single NBA team EXCEPT for the Rockets. :mad:

Is there a way to get around this? What the heck is the point of getting LP if I can't WATCH MY HOMETOWN TEAM on the road?

2. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

Where are you located?

3. tigermission1

H-town, aka "Home of the Brave".

4. redefined

Well that's the problem. You aren't going to get the Rockets on LP in Houston. You have to be outside the market area to receive coverage!

And why would you get LP with 30 games left?? Did you spend the full 200 bucks??

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

league pass is i think 100 bucks right now, but yeah you will not get the local team because it will be on the local channels. the same applies with nba league pass, your best bet is try to get osmeone who doesnt live in the houston area and try to get their broadband login to watch games on the road

6. tigermission1

I was out of town at the time (Denver), it still didn't work.

I don't need LP when I am home, I need it when I travel.

And no, I didn't spend the whole $200, it was prorated...

7. redefined

If you signed up for the league pass in Houston, regardless of where you watch it, you aren't going to get Rockets games.

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I don't get it. Are you trying to watch it on the computer or something? How would you get Dish Network TV while you were traveling to Denver?

9. tigermission1

Yeah, when you sign up to LP you also get LP Broadband, which sounds great in theory until you realize it's completely worthless because you can't watch your hometown team regardless of where you are.

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Why not just get a slingbox? Would make it much easier to watch your boyfriend dwayne wade...err i mean the rockets. ;)

11. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Yep, should have gotten a Slingbox. I'm going to buy one this summer.

--> I will be jacking my parent's Houston cable for life. And now they have digital cable Slingbox. Are you kidding me? Thanks Slingbox.

12. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

ya i have a slingbox. but make sure ur upload is good enough.

i had the att pro package with upload of 512 (real life around 400)...it looked pretty bad with sports. other shows were ok...basketball was the worst.

so i called and upgraded to the elite which has up to 768..realistically i get around 650..now its much better.

in the summer they are coming out with the slingplayer thats standalone so u dont need a computer. in the remote location u just connect it to the internet and ur tv. no pc!

13. tigermission1

I am a fan of Wade, but I am not a Heat fan. But I will admit I started liking him more after he prevented the Mavs from getting their first championship...that alone is enough to make me a fan of his.

So yeah, I am an NBA fan, but the Rockets are my one and only :)

Back on topic...

Thanks for the suggestion guys, it does sound like Slingbox is the way to go. Any particular model that you recommend?

Thanks,

Jim Rome

14. tigermission1

Wait, but aren't you pretty much limited to watching what your parents happen to be watching at home?

15. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

tiger, i have LP also, and I get to watch Rox games sicne I'm in NYC. Giveme your email, maybe we can work something out and you can use my LP broadband since I mostly watch my games on Dish TV anyway.

16. redefined

Poor guy already spent money on something useless to him. Why don't you just give him the broadband for free...

17. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

oh, i'm not charging him...I only want him to follow me around on thee BBS and agree with all my posts. yes he will be quite useful; in D&D :D

[​IMG]

18. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I don't think so. From what I've read, the Slingbox is a TV tuner that transmits the signal over the internet. You hook it up to your cable (coax) and router (internet). Install the TV software on your laptop. Bingo. Has no effect on any other TVs in the house. With digital cable, I think you might be limited since I think you would be controlling the digital cable box through the internet.

PS If Slingbox doesn't work this way then it is ghey.

#18 Smokey, Feb 10, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

if you have league pass, you will get the rox every game anywhere!! now sometimes the games are on fox sports, but they are always on.

20. tigermission1

[thought]Hmm...hotballa being nice to me...something smells [/thought]

Seriously though, thanks for the offer. I don't travel all that much anymore but I thought I would get LP for those days I do...

My e-mail is: tigermission1atjuno.com

Oh, and Dirk STILL sucks ;)

#20 tigermission1, Feb 10, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2007