1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I find it highly funny that Trump supporters are now worried that they may lose obamacare

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by what, Jan 25, 2017.

1. what

what Member

Oh the irony in that. Careful what you wish for.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They did not realize the Affordable Care Act was the same.....it is staggering how uneducated so many people are in this country....that is a shame.

DD

amaru and Yung-T like this.
  3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Would be better for a lot of people if healthcare returned to pre-obamacare. I teach high school and a lot of teachers in my district had to move because of it. Even I had to change districts because i couldn't afford helping the poor kids anymore since my insurance skyrocketed

4. DaDakota

Your insurance sky rocketing was the insurance companies, not the ACA.

DD

5. Dei

Dei Member

Who are these fictional people you are talking about?

6. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Where is the irony?

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Wow. totally wrong. The ACA forces healthy people into collectives with unhealthy people. Of course its responsible for raising his insurance rates. And you have the nerve to call people uneducated in this thread....

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Insurance premiums rose more before Obama... I guess ACA to blame for those too?

9. what

what Member

Amiga likes this.
  10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Republican voter voting against self interest, what is new, it have been happening for decades. GOP at its core is a party for the rich, but there are only 1% one percenters lol, so they have to use social issues and other tactics to get people to vote for GOP agenda, deregulation and tax cuts. It is funny how well that tactics works to get people to vote against their self interests.

amaru likes this.
  11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Republican's just believe they are simply "temporarily embarrassed millionaires." Even though most of them will never be millionaires. For a society sometimes you have to sacrifice something for the greater good. I am young and healthy I don't mind paying into the insurance pool, because ultimately it really isn't insurance its healthcare. I don't even like the term insurance, because it would imply you are only having it for some risky situation, but you need it just to go the doctor not that I ever go.

joshuaao and R0ckets03 like this.
  12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

That is just blatantly false, I don't under how you can say something like that. It completely screwed over anyone who had their own insurance if they were reasonably young.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Yes you will be old too some day. What about your parents? You went to school right? some one was subsidizing that.

14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Got a little worse for my parents and grandparents but not nearly to the extent that it got worse for me and other teachers, i will give you that. Not sure what school has to do with anything?

15. Dei

Dei Member

16. dmoneybangbang

That makes zero sense if you are getting your healthcare from your employer, the state.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Outlier.

I heard in Heaven they don't have Obamacare either.

what likes this.
  18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

A lot of school districts in California don't have healthcare so you buy your own.

19. Dei

Dei Member

Like I said, outlier. Most Trump supporters took the Obamacare repeal very seriously, including those who had conditions before and were enjoying their insurance plans before Obamacare. Likewise, Trump has said that those with pre-existing conditions will be addressed as well, in the new plan. What's important is to dramatically reduce costs of Obamacare, now.

There was no mass ignorance. It's just another fantasy liberals cooked up in order to cope with the reality that Trump's now president. They can eat dicks.

20. DaDakota

Wow - it is amazing that people don't realize that the ACA had no control over the rates because republicans refused to pass it if they limited insurance companies....

Shocking - but not really.

DD