1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I don't blame Kubiak

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by MosKeemYao, Oct 8, 2013.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

OMG!!! I had to rep you for this one....

I'm in freaking tears...

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

And on the first play, he sacrificed having a real blocker out of the backfield. The 2nd play it didn't matter as much because one RB split out wide as a receiver.

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I don't care whether we have Schaub, Yates, or bring Jake Delhomme back out of retirement...i want to see some up-tempo offense.

This isn't 1990 where you can win by lining up and running the ball 60% of the time even when the defense knows you're going to run. The less time Schaub has to think about the play coming up and the less time the defense has to adjust, the better.

I'm not saying we have to be the Eagles, Broncos, or Patriots with the no-huddle, but just speed up the ****ing playcalling. Give the offense a sense of urgency and keep the defense out of breath.

4. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Couldn't have put it better. He picked the QB, he built offense (which has not evolved and has become predictable) and he calls the plays without a choice of audibles. KUBIAK IS AT FAULT!!!!!!

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'd settle for an executing/efficient offense... and I'm pretty sure most here would as well.

No sense going up-tempo if the offense can't execute. Execution is key, and is everything.

6. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

the texans are stuck in meritocracy like the Rockets the last few years before the harden trade. the bad part is the Texans don't have an aggressive GM like Morey to fix it either.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The Texans have 2 playoff victories in the last 2 years.

The Rockets have 1 playoff victory in the last 16 years.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

What is meritocracy

10. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

The word you're looking for is mediocracy.

If the Texans were a meritocracy, Kubiak, Schaub, and the entire special teams would be long gone.

11. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

Really? I'm for making a change with the QB and drafting a talented prospect but let's put some context on the situation....The Texans have enjoyed relative success the last 2 years. Let's not lose sight of that. If the QB situation is the biggest thing holding us back let's not throw out the baby.