1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I can't believe this guy made 42 mil

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rocketsinsider, Aug 9, 2006.

1. rocketsinsider

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

3. verse

verse Contributing Member

4. AXG

AXG Member

At least he was winning teams! :p

5. AXG

AXG Member

Edit: At least he was on winning teams! :p

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

you sure you an insider b/c no way anyone who's ever touched a basketball thought about trading down Yao to get Foyle.

7. rocketsinsider

oh my fault it was trading down to the 3rd pick so Golden State can pick up Jay Williams and hope that Chicago dont pick up Yao or something like that, but still my point is that this guy shouldnt have gotten a 42mil garenteed

8. imoffg33

imoffg33 Member

j-wil would be a star in this league if he wouldnt have gotten hurt. i think its stupid for players to jeapordize their careers and ride a motorcycle. it should definately be part of every contract

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

okay ...

foyle misses a jumper badly, and he messes up a dunk.

Big deal.

10. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

hasn't a lot of players, players we consider to be worth WAY more than a 42 mil contract, and even Yao i think, missed a dunk like that off the back of the rim?

11. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

Vince Carter comes to mind.

Stromile missed a few dunks too I think.

12. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

More fun Adonal Clips:

Adonal Highlights:
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CGo_gxMaLI4"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CGo_gxMaLI4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Adonal vs. Amare:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MUY_TSpCkXk"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MUY_TSpCkXk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

13. TRAVLR

TRAVLR Member

I'm assuming you don't ride. I'm also assuming you don't take any risks in your life as well? If you do, then how can you ask athlete's not to? Motorcycles, Scuba, Skydiving all have risks but so does many other activities in life. Mitigating the risk is why many people like the challenge.

14. Laozi

Laozi Member

Yeah but if an insurance agent gets his leg shattered in a motorcycle accident he just stuck behind the desk while he does his rehab, pro athletes make their living with their body. If you're going to take the time to eat right, workout the right way, why not minimize the risk to your greatest asset?

Plus those little crotch-rockets that these guys seem to always get hurt on, totally gay.

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

how can you ask them not to? when you're paying GUARANTEED multi-million dollar contracts for their athletic ability and you're hoping to get something back on that investment. i'm all for people riding motorcycles and doing whatever other thrill they seek, but if you f#$k yourself up, you're sure as hell not getting the rest of that contract.

16. jlwee

jlwee Member

Wow, Adonal Foyle looks good in this highlights. I think he is more skilled than Stromile Swift....

Btw, everyone knows amare dunks alot but how many times he get stuffed by opposite centers?? Lookin at adonal blocked amare's shots is hilarious!

17. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

I'm still "Hayes-ed" that this Adonal Foyle has a youtube highlight reel :confused:

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This has been discussed here before, but Williams did not do very well before he was hurt. It was pretty obvious he was NOT going to be a star and could have been a borderline bust. The supposed "safest" pick of that draft was no such thing. Reminds me of Shelden Williams this year.

19. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

sh*t happens... is he better than Cato?

20. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

To Amare's credit, though, he takes it right back at the opposing D even after getting stuffed. He's not afraid of looking bad. To Foyle's credit, too, he kept on going after swats after being dunked on.

I don't Foyle is as skilled as Swift, though... at least Stro can shoot the J semi-good.