1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I BELIEVE! Do you?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OGKashMoney, Feb 3, 2008.

?

I BELIEVE! Do you?

1. Yes! Let's Go Rockets!

100 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. No! Let's Go Lottery Pick!

5 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. Oh, shut up!

32 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Still high off seeing the cheating Pats lose, I thought the G-Men resembled this season's Rockets and I don't know whether it is the joy I get as a Raider fan seeing the Pats lose or what, but I BELIEVE in our Rockets!

Similarities:
    -Manning and Ming: Both stars have had their leaderships questioned and have been called soft. Both are loved by their teammates, but the media seems to give them no respect.
    -Burress and Mac: Both stars have been injured (ironically, ankle and knee) and have had to play through the injuries! Yet, both keep coming through in the thick of things.
    -Rookies: Both teams have had to utilize their rookies a lot and the rookies for both teams have stepped up and become an integral part of the team!
    -Disappointments: The Giants started off the season in bad shape and by week 3, people had wrote them off. The Rockets have struggled and they have also been written off!
    -Trade Rumors/Demands: The fans wanted Manning traded and questioned whether he could lead them to the promise land. The fans are calling for Mac to get traded and have questioned whether he can lead us to the promise land!
    -Streaks: G-Men went on a crazy winning streak to make that playoff push and the Rockets are in the midst of a winning streak to move into playoff contention.
    -Toughness: Both teams have had their toughness and mentality questioned!
    -Road warriors: The G-Men played better on the road and the Rockets play better on the road. The G-Men had to go on the road throughout the playoffs and the Rockets will (as it appears) have to go on the road in the playoffs!

I know that the NFL and NBA playoffs are set up differently and that the 7 game series gives the perceived "better" team the advantage, but I believe!

LET'S GO ROCKETS!!!

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yeah, not really.

3. bbjai

bbjai Member

Im answering I believe regardless :D

4. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

I think a lot of fans have this feeling. If we are the hottest team going into the playoffs we can do it. Nobody would want to see us in the playoffs if we are healthy and playing well.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

we'll see. we'll know more about this team by march when they go through that tough schedule. if they come out looking strong through march, i'll truly believe.

but again, that's why u stay being a fan. sports are so unpredictable. no one expected us to win that 2nd championship. no one expected the giants to even stay close.

no one is expecting this team to do anything right now. but as a fan, u keep having faith and believe and hopefully they'll pull through.

i like the tmac's prediction when hilltopper posted his interview. tmac said he can relate to eli b/c of all the criticisms and wanted eli to win to prove all the haters wrong. will tmac do the same? we'll see ;)

6. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

Ditto

7. TheParrotIsNoMo

Rockets going all the way!!!!!!

8. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

The jury is still out. I have to see more of this team in how they win and how they lose before I decide. I haven't been impressed in the last two wins. Morey needs to make a move that strengthens the guard position.

9. kwng

kwng Member

I would like to believe them but their play are still sloppy at times. We cannot afford sloppy play if we want to win. I hope Adelman can to get rid of
    any sloppy play then I will believe.

10. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

exactly what i was going to post.

11. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I don't know if you really follow football, but the storyline that every major sports outline (ESPN, Fox, SI, NY Daily News, etc) had laid out throughout the season for the Giants has been almost identical to the storyline being laid out for the Rockets. So, yeah, really!

I don't understand what the "not really" is supposed to me. To me, that means you are a non-believer!

Let's Go Rockets!

Some of you guys need more optimism in your lives! :) :D :cool: :p

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i believe we will witness another first round exit. in which case i would rather earn a lotto pick.

on the other hand, once your in the playoffs there is allways a chance of advancing.

13. t_mac1

if giants fans think the way you think, eli manning and the giants would be staying home. ;) NOBODY had faith on that team.

14. TheParrotIsNoMo

HOUSTON ROCKETS 2008 NBA CHAMPS

15. johnkamla

johnkamla Contributing Member

Gotta agree with OGKash. I think there are similarities too. I happen to be a Giant fan, but I'm an even bigger Rocket fan. I truly believed that the Giants had a decent chance of winning because of how they've played since the season-ending game against the Patriots. In one game, it's all about talent, confidence and momentum; and watching things closely I knew the Giants had all three going for them. At that point, it doesn't matter what you did in earlier in the season. 18-0 didn't help NE one bit, nor did 10-6 hurt the Giants. By the same token, our mediocre start to the season won't matter one iota in the playoffs (and I'm confident we'll get there comfortably). All we can ask for is that we're healthy, that we've learned to play together, and that we've developed enough weapons (that's where the 3 rooks can help) to match the big boys. If all 3 things are there, we're going all the way.

On a side note: Man, I hate it when someone says they're a "realist" when they're really a pessimist. All the "realists" picked New England in a landslide. The "realists" on this board say we have no chance to contend this year. We have a chance. And I choose to believe.

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Yeah!

<object width="425" height="355"><object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PIU52Yeogdk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PIU52Yeogdk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object></object>

17. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Good point! :cool:

When we were losing, the pessimists were complaining that we needed to trade the whole team.

When we start winning despite not having Mac, the pessimists were complaining that Mac wouldn't fit and we would lose once he returns.

Now that we are winning and finally getting some stability in our line-ups, the pessimists are complaining that we aren't winning by a big enough margin!

When will it all end!

I am willing to bet that if we make it to the West Conf. Finals, the pessimists will save we got lucky that we didn't have to face ________ (Mavs, Suns, Spurs, etc) team.

And then when we win the chamionship, the pessimists will say we were lucky we faced blank ______ (Detroit, Boston) instead of _________ (Detroit, Boston).

It is so ridiculous that it is becoming quite funny. :D

18. t_mac1

again, the reason i'm optimistic is b/c we have 2 things that the previous 3 years did not:

1) a legit bench and very good role players that can still improve with more playing time (scola, landry, and brooks). hayes used to be our key guy and now he's in there for stretches when we need him for defense. and i still haven't mentioned bonzi who has quietly played well recently.

2) our offensive execution down the stretch. for the 7th straight game, i have seen us execute down the stretch with perfection (even in the loss to the jazz, our D was just effed up b/c of korver and novak's stupidity). and we can still get better b/c tmac is not very healthy yet.

and you're right. when we beat the bad teams in the 4th, people on here say, why didn't we blow them out? we're not elite b/c we didn't do that. and yet i always see elite teams barely beating out bad teams and people on here say they have killer instinct.

when tmac popped off last night, people on here said he shouldn't do that b/c people are not involved and i'm like :rolleyes:

whatever, i'm optimistic though i'm not overly optimistic. i'll know where the team is truly heading after march. if they get through that tough stretch standing up with confidence, then i'll truly believe. but right now, i'm carefully optimistic b/c we're doing things that past year's teams failed to do consistently.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

DD

20. Raven

Raven Member

Yeah, that's how I see it. Unless the Rockets can get an upgrade at the point.

With just seven games until the trade deadline (the deadline is the 22nd, yes?), Les and Morey are going to be under a lot of pressure to tweak the roster.