1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am now rooting for Lakers (cue Twilight Zone music)...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by burlesk, Nov 3, 2004.

1. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

How weird is that? I HATE the Lakers! Yet I find myself reading the recap of the Nugz game and getting excited -- I guess I love Rudy that much, and want him to debunk the Phil myth (if possible) that badly... !?!

Just didn't know who to tell about this bizarre emotion. Thank you. That is all.

2. droxford

droxford Member

Shame on you.

I hate lakers. HATE. I hate that Rudy has moved to the Dark Side.

-- droxford

3. Summer Song Giver

I was going to let this one slip off quietly into oblivion but now I'll just say, Admitting you have a problem is the first step in recovery.

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

5. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I hate the Fakers, and I would never root for them, but I wish Rudy nothing but the best. He's a class act.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm experiencing the same. I just can't root against Rudy.

7. Cesar^Geronimo

My name is Cesar Geronimo and I root for the Lakers.

Admitting the problem is the first step in recovery.....

I can't root against Rudy.

8. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I like to think of it as Rudy bringing light to the dark side ;)

9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I Hate Kobe, but i want rudy to succeed. so it is a difficult situation, but i think i cannot root for the lakers. so.....
    Sorry Rudy:(

10. hnjjz

hnjjz Member

I feel the same way. The ideal scenario would be Kobe's ego blows up, Rudy benches Kobe for the rest of the season and leads the Lakers to a winning season. But that's never gonna happen.

11. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

I wouldn't care if Jesus Christ coached the Lakers and Satan coached the Rockets, with Saddam Hussein, John Kerry and Hillary Clinton as his assistants. I still couldn't bring myself to root for the Lakers.

12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

im not necessarily rooting FOR them, but im not rooting AGAINST them anymore. i dont hate them like i used to, even though i hate kobe more than ever. wont go out of my way to watch them, but ill check the box scores everymorning.

all the best to rudy t...

kobe can suck it though.

13. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

It is extraordinarily weird, and only my extensive history of drug use enables me to even consider believing the evidence of my senses, that I actually seemed to be excited that the evil Lakers "under" Rudy had won their first game... I didn't know I was going to be rooting for them until I read the recap... OF COURSE IT IS MY LOVE FOR THE ROCKETS ABOVE ALL ELSE IN THIS WORLD THAT HAS BROUGHT THIS ON ME... please understand that, anyway...

I'M SO CONFUSED!... help... me. I have always hated the Lakers, partly driven by my immense heterosexual love for the Rockets, and now that same love seems to be MAKING me root for them... I don't WANT to be this person...

If, however, rooting for the lakers BECAUSE OF RUDY means that I am to be banned from cf.net, I will understand, sadly, and walk the lonely path of the exile...

sniff.

... how about if I swear a blood oath to go back to my usual passionate hatred of them as soon as Rudy comes to his senses and gets the ^%#$ out of there?

then again, maybe this will just pass, and I will wish I'd never admitted to it... dang...

:D

p.s. -- I will NEVER visit forums.lakersground.net, because THOSE "people" are evil Lakers fans, they have NO excuse... It's a paradox wrapped in an enigma, I know...

14. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

I also totally agree that Kobe needs to ^%$# a #$%^, and then Rudy T could help the rest of his scrubs overachieve and get into the playoffs, kinda like that US team he won a bronze with at the '98 World Championship... (as long, of course, as they aren't bumping the Rockets.)

and thanks to those of you who expressed some sympathy... it will help my recovery process, I think... I admit I have a problem.

#14 burlesk, Nov 3, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  15. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

I know we could trade players- can we trade coaches?
    JVG for Rudy, I will even throw in Patrick Ewing to sweeten the pot.

PS

Lakers suk!

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hate the Lakers also, but its so hard to not root for Rudy T and his team.

It earily looks like a Rockets team. You have a bunch of guys who play with unity. A bunch of CBA rejects, Chris Mihm.. And the only person you can hate is Kobe.

Rudy seems to be the master of making role players work well, like Chris Mihm.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

A lot of people here, including myself, need therapy ever since Rudy went to the dark side.

18. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I want lakers vs houston in WCF and rockets vs magic in NBA finals!!

:D

19. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Right now the Lakeshow is probably my number 2 favorite team, of course second to the Rockets. I hated Kobe back when he was with Shaq but I'm pulling for him now.

20. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

Sorry our team let you down. That AK is a big bully. :(