1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am local chinese and lives in china whole my life ,AMA

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hezhenxiangx, Oct 14, 2019.

1. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

most of them assigned in popular chinese social website .and YouTube

Nook likes this.
  2. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

we even saled starbuck in Fobidden city

Nook likes this.
  3. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

unsatisfied guys died under tank.
    Money and food is more important than freedom.

Yung-T and Nook like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Guns N Roses came out in the 80s they were very popular, then they promised an album called "Chinese democracy" that took like 17 years to come out, but I think China banned then when they announced the album name.
    It's actually a much longer story than that, but I'll save you the details.
    Nobody cared about the Chinese Democracy album because it took way too long to come out.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/china-bans-idemocracyi-de_b_146070

The title, thought up by Guns N’ Roses frontman Axl Rose because he “liked the sound of it,” violates rules established by China’s Ministry of Culture that prohibit the word “democracy” to be used in the title of any music, book or film within mainland China. One can only assume that if the word “Chinese” precedes “Democracy” in a title, Chinese censors would become even more frightened.

#144 tinman, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    Yung-T likes this.
  5. Miracle

Miracle Member

I had a few exchanges with another guy on that topic in this thread. Hopefully the posts and references clarify a few things for you.

Following is just my personal opinion and I do not know how most Chinese people view it. I'll also explain a bit of the history.

There were tens of terrorist attacks happened in Xinjiang, an autonomous region of China, since 1990s. Several of them caused tens of deaths and the most serious one caused 197 deaths in the largest city of Xinjiang. Most terrorists and extremists were Muslim and they spread those extreme thoughts through religion. Some also spread the idea that Xinjiang should be separated from China and become an independent country ruled completely by the Uyghurs, who constitute nearly half of the population in the region. The government made efforts to tackle the issue but attacks continued.

According to a media report, finally, after another attack happened just a few hours after President Xi's visit to Xinjiang in 2014, Xi ordered a major shift in policy to weaken Uyghurs' separate identity and assimilate them into the Han majority. Initial execution of the order was inefficient. Xi reassigned a hard-line official to be the party chief of Xinjiang and started building reeducation camps. More and more Uyghurs were sent to the camps to learn Mandarin -- the official language of China -- and undergo basic political education during recent years.

The whole problem is a complicated problem of governance in multi-ethnic regions. It has some similarities to the American Indians (what would the US do if some of them call for independence of the entire group?). Reeducation camps might not be not be the ideal solution to achieve long-term stability and it is likely there are many issues in executing the policy of ethnic assimilation. Human right issues, as many people here focus on, are only one part of a much larger problem. However, I personally do not have a better solution to all those complex problems so I would rather leaving them to people who are better educated on that topic. As a side remark, people may not know that minority groups actually enjoy many preferential policies in China, which also lead to dissent from some people within the majority because they feel it is unfair.

As for the organ harvesting rumors, there is NOT enough evidence to that in the camps. I personally do not believe it happens on a large scale under the instruction of the government. However, I also would not be surprised if a very small number of corrupted officials involve in such horrendous acts. By the way, many years ago I had read articles that talked about this smahady underground industry in China, but none of them mentioned about prisoners. There were other ways to get certain organs for transplants, causing discrepancies in known sources of organs.

#145 Miracle, Oct 19, 2019
    daywalker02 and rockbox like this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Do you have Mrs. Dash in China?

CCity Zero and Space Ghost like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You know that as an azn yourself.

Music doesn’t know boundaries.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That was to counter Mao’s pro natalist intitiative to grow the population which led to the 1 billion people.

His take was to boost morale but it was also there to give him more laborers.

https://www.independent.org/pdf/tir/tir_20_02_03_howden.pdf

Like Morey he undid his mistake with a radical approach.

9. psaman17

psaman17 Member

The critically acclaimed and much beloved chinese film https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farewell_My_Concubine_(film) spanned decades from the fall of the Qing dynasty all the way to the Cultural Revolution. This was a film released in 1993. The cultural revolution has been an open topic since the early 90s and the official stance is that it was a mistake created by some rogue government officials. Its a very good film if you have 3? 4? hours to kill. (it was a long ass movie)

heypartner likes this.
  10. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Is it true that Pizza Hut and KFC in China serves Dim Sum?

Can we get dim sum in these very same fast food chains too?

11. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

communist party and Mao never apologize for cultural revolution ,instead ,they blamed scapegoat the “四人帮big 4 bad guys”.

12. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

no .no dim sum in kfc and pizza hut .but KFC did sell chinese traditional food ---rice

13. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

communist party and Mao never apologize for their stupid communist policy .which made china poor and chaos during 1949-1980 ,
    instead .they blame the population

14. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

we did harvest organ ,but from prisoner sentenced to death .
    after execution .doctor operate immediately .
    http://politics.people.com.cn/n/2015/0102/c70731-26311990.html

upper link from china state media 2015 .
    title :china will stop using prisoner organ .
    (it means they did it before 2015)
    I don't know whether they still using prisoner organ today .
    finally .communist party never say the true .

#154 hezhenxiangx, Oct 19, 2019
    TMac'n likes this.
  15. hezhenxiangx

hezhenxiangx Member

yes ,but not in super market .you can buy it on line

CCity Zero, KingCheetah and Nook like this.
  16. Miracle

Miracle Member

Yeah, I knew that. I intended to say "live prisoners" but somehow forgot to be specific.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Does China have sarcasm?

daywalker02 and CCity Zero like this.
  18. Juxtaposed Jolt

I mean, that's a pretty sarcastic and jokey comment. They're human beings, not robots. lol

Invisible Fan likes this.
  19. cebu

cebu Member

Be careful what you say here... Yao Ming has an account here :)

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This is the perfect AMA question. We need answers!!!

Haha, legitimately found this funny though, especially after reading the salt/dash thread...

KingCheetah likes this.