1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am going to celebrate as much as possible i am STOKED we got this guy!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, Aug 25, 2000.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Nothing like a preacher to pump up the crowd [​IMG]

------------------
    President of the Rockets/Raiders Fan Club

2. haven

haven Member

Jeff: Not to be a pessimist, but please tell me the resolution isn't trailing that badly in the polls :p...

------------------
    Shandon Anderson rocks.
    The lottery sucks. Playoffs 2001.

3. Sane

Sane Member

One word: Playoffs

or in a few words: we fuking PLAY the FA market like a flute!! GO RUDY AND LES!!!!!!

------------------

4. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Optimist, pessemist, realist. Whatever.

If this signing happens, it can only improve the competitiveness of the squad. Last year we weren't much of a defensive force in the post and probably won't improve much in that department from Mo coming aboard. However our post scoring was average at best and should improve dramatically, along with our backcourt scoring with the addition of a legitimate offensive post threat.

Basically only good things can happen and I'm with sirhangover on this one.....I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START BABY!!

[​IMG]

------------------
    Don't you have anything better to do?

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm really pumped about this acquisition. I know everyone hates that word potential, but this is a great case of it. Taylor has the potential to be an exceptional PF. Fortunately for the Rockets, they didn't give him a long-term contract based on that. We could only give him a one year contract, and if his potential is realized, then we're good. If it isn't, we can let him go, and we're good.

It's a no-lose situation.

------------------
    "I'll drop kick those f*ckin' dogs if they come anywhere near me."

visit www.swirve.com

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Choke city was actually the year before when the Rockets blew a 20 point 4th quarter lead at home to go down 2-0 in the series with Phoneix. We won the next 3, so that series was never 3-1 phoenix.

As for the Rockets, I think Rudy is dedicated to winning now, if we get Taylor in here, I think Rudy can get him on board. Look at how well Rodney Rogers shaped up when he went to a class organization.

The Sky is the limit for these Rockets.

DaDakota

------------------
    All you MO-FO's better stop ripping off my lines !!

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

haven: latest polls that I've seen show the arena leading. It will likely be tight all the way to the election, but I doubt it will be behind by 20 points at any given time between now and November 7.

------------------
    Save Our Rockets and Comets
    SaveOurRockets.com

8. haven

haven Member

Whew! Last second, miraculous comebacks are nice and everything, but my nerves don't enjoy them so much [​IMG].

------------------
    Shandon Anderson rocks.
    The lottery sucks. Playoffs 2001.

9. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Jeff, you should do some cool political polling such as:

Should the HSA divert money away from social security to pay for the arena?

Oh wait, that won't help your cause.

Better yet, ask: Should the Rockets be denied an arena so that the military can turn (the same available land) into a nuclear missile facility?

Also, people like puppies: Do you like puppies? Do you like the Rockets? Do you like the Rockets in Houston?

------------------
    I've posted so much that what I say must be true.

The latest on Maurice Taylor

[This message has been edited by Achebe (edited August 25, 2000).]

10. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Yeah I remember Ainge hit like 4 3pointers
    in that fourth quarter. I was only 11 so I
    pouted for awhile. I think it was 95 when the series was 3-1.

11. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

yeah okay i am getting the 2 years mixed...i stand corrected...

we were down against phoenix 3-1 one of those years.. i remember that...and i was at the game when they lost the 20 point (one of those years as well) lead and everyone was taking off their rockets shirts and talking about how much they sucked this and that...

the point is people will always talk sh*t about the team and be pessimistic but BOTH our champ years we beat challenges despite
    'experts' like you doubters that claimed otherwise...

all i am saying..is give the rocks a chance...

------------------
    i am rather like a mosquito in a nudist camp..i know what i ought to do but i don't know where to begin...

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

heck yeah!! I dont understand all the complaining that has been going on. Whoever is not stoked about this is not a true Rockets fan. I love the team and i will always support the decisions they make. ROCKETS 2000-2001 BABY!!!!!

------------------

13. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I love it when the newbies come in here and when they see someone not liking a player or express concern over his work-ethic, we are not fans or not true fans.

I was against Barkley coming here. I was wrong about that. I ended up loving him. I could be wrong on this also, but that doesn't make me less of a fan or a loser, etc.

What a waste of time to argue with 15 year olds.

------------------
    I Want To Thank God For Making Me A Rocketfan

[This message has been edited by Almu (edited August 25, 2000).]

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

As I said before in the Cat and Shandon threads. Anyone that comes to Houston for less money is a classy guy. So for now, Mo is the man. [​IMG] YeeHaw

------------------

15. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

if you opinion sucks and you are an established poster...your opinion still sucks...

not a very strong argument...

------------------
    i am rather like a mosquito in a nudist camp..i know what i ought to do but i don't know where to begin...

16. Gascon

Gascon Member

Who's to say anyone's opinion sucks?....

That's just your opinion. [​IMG]

------------------
    "Have I not here the best cards in the game to win this easy match played for a crown?....."

Bill Shakespeare

17. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

you know what i mean...i dont think your opinion sucks even though i am not as 'new' as you [​IMG]

I am just saying that i find the new guy vs established poster argument rather weak...what if rezdawg(yeah i know not likely but for argument sake) was really Rudy T or freaking naismith himself? i guess his opinion would suck based soley on the fact that he was a new guy...

uummmokay....sure whatever you say toughguy...

like i said if your opinion sucks and you are an established poster...your opinion still sucks...

------------------

18. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Ok, Sir.

Saying you didn't agree with me is one thing. Saying my opinion sucked is really insulting because its just that, an opinion. Saying I am not a true fan because I don't agree with you, is not right.

Some people might think that by your posts you are a pricko jackass. But thats just an opinion that only a few of us here think. Might not be right, but who really cares, right?

------------------
    I Want To Thank God For Making Me A Rocketfan

[This message has been edited by Almu (edited August 25, 2000).]

19. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

i never called anyone by name..get over that and get over yourself...thanks for the name calling thats classy..

by the way i am going to celebrate now...see you monday...

[​IMG]

------------------

20. Colby

Colby Member

Great to have Mo.

As for Clutch City, as I remember it was 3-1 in both series. The difference was in 94 the Rocks had home advantage,in 95 Phoenix did.

I still remember picking up the paper to see that CHOKE CITY across the top. When we won and it said CLUTCH CITY, sniff sniff.

"What is this salty discharge", Sienfeld

------------------
    "Chucky who? I thought we were talking about basketball?" Charles Barkley