1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I’m on the edge

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 6, 2018.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Absolutely. Hopefully we can move his contract .

The decline of Paul for sure could have been predicted .... but I don't think anyone thought he would look this old this fast . After all he was winning us games last year in the playoffs and all last year . He just looks like a useless husk out there .

Morey may have ****ed up ... but to me MDA deserves way more blame . Morey has gotten himself out of worse situations before , hopefully he can do it again . Or maybe CP3 will remember how to play basketball

lw17 likes this.
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Somewhat inexplicable.

Hard to point to what is wrong.

Whats more frustrating is it is not clear what the path forward is. It seems like our only option of significant progress is too shut Harden down and just flat out tank for a valuable pick. Atleast then we would have a valuable trade piece.

joshuaao likes this.
  3. tc0330

tc0330 Member

yea its getting hard to watch

lw17 likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Tilman might fire the Twitter guy

5. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the rockets are becoming this season's jacksonville jaguars, from almost winning the conference finals to 4-9.

lw17 and Zergling like this.
  6. tc0330

tc0330 Member

im tryna stay positive but damn..

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't really know what think about this team at this point, they destroy the Warriors by 25/30 points, even without Curry that's still impressive. They destroy the Spurs in San Antonio by 30 points. And than they lose some games like the last two...i just don't get it.

But i'm saying this again, just wait and try to fix it as much as possible without selling the farm, if by January the situation isn't changed, just give up on the season and tank like Memphis did, that's the smartest thing to do for the future of the franchise, don't waste a year like in 2015/16, there's a chance we could've have traded for Butler if we got a lottery pick that time instead of getting embarassed by the Warriors in the first round just for the sake of saying "we still made the playoffs" with a broken team that had no future.

lw17, slothy420, RudyTBag and 2 others like this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

Our best players aren't competing hard every nite & it's hurting the chemistry. Yea Harden's got good numbers, but he's still not consistently playing to WIN. Playing too win is hustling for loose balls, boxing out, staying in front of your man etc...CP surprisingly hasn't been consistently either

lw17 and hakeem94 like this.
  9. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

We just don’t have enough talent. We still haven’t upgraded the 3 spot. I didn’t want to believe that Trev and Luc would be missed this much but it has become obvious that they are. Can’t replace top shelf length, lateral movement, and IQ with just anybody.

CP seems to be trying to play through pain, but they just don’t have enough talent to compensate for whatever he currently can’t do.

EG is trippin again, James is turning it over again, and CP seems hurt again. Clint is battling, but he needs more help on the boards. When Clint is out of the game our interior defense is non existent.

I think EG is going to have to be traded in order to get back enough talent to at least contend.

House is now the 7th man?

Damn Morey. Just Damn.

lw17, Corrosion, kjayp and 1 other person like this.
  10. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Piling onto what J Sizzle's been writing, this team, or at least its leaders, is acting like it just doesn't care. They're too damned good to be this bad, even at Utah---as evidenced by taking apart Indiana and the Warriors during that great stretch of games---so I'm guessing along with some of you that this is a chemistry/head case problem.

I think the Melo signing, and all of the fallout thereof, is still screwing with these guys' heads. My concern is that Harden and Paul are in a us vs. them with the coaching staff---as I think it's increasingly obvious that those two, or just Paul, wanted him to stay, and the coaches wanted him to go---and your leaders are playing lackadaisically to show the coaches who run Bartertown. So, if that's true, I think you either have to fire the coaches, or, unlike the famous saying, fire the players. I think Harden's in on it too: we've seen where he can play defense, and be careful with the ball. When he wants to. For some reason, he doesn't want to now.

You cannot trade Paul. Unless it's to someone who either really wants him (maybe LAL), or to someone with their own high-priced malcontent at PG.

A trade of Paul and Harden for basically everyone the OPM has been drooling about (Porter, Satoransky, 'Kief) and Wall + Mahinmi works. Give them someone cheap (like Melo, though I still think he's getting traded to LAL or Miami), if you need extra bodies to make the math work. Who says, "No?'

Something's got to give. Fertitta isn't going to pay Tier 3 tax (which they're in after signing Clark) and get this kind of lazy result.

lw17 likes this.
  11. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Tanking is not an option. This must be fixed. Has a team ever gone from being a top 2 team in the NBA, possibly #1, to the lottery the following year. It would be the ultimate embarrassment. And with our luck we wouldn’t even get a top 5 pick. We would likely end up with another under sized PF not named Zion.

lw17 likes this.
  12. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

It’s like the rockets think they won the title last year (A hammy away for sure). That is the overall vibe I got from the 15/16 season too

Also, DanTony call a dam timeout to stop a run for once

kjayp likes this.
  13. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Don't do it bro.

They ain't worth it bro.

BaselineFade likes this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Gotta agree with this. Everyone said:

"...but not if we have to give up EG." Really? Jimmy B. is a baller with a nasty attitude, the exact kind of personality we're lacking at the moment. EG is a streaky guy who will shoot you out of as many games as he will keep you in.

"But EG provides elite spacing!" Yeah? How's the spacing working out so far?

#34 topfive, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    lw17, Deuce, whiskeyred and 4 others like this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Does the Twitter guy count against the cap?

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Tanking is always an option, Memphis did that 6 months ago and now they look just fine with a potential franchise player added to their roster. It's a choice, i would've tanked in 2015/16 with no esitation. As for the embarassment argument, personally i don't really care, aside the fact that i'm already embarassed for this team, what i want is just for them to do what's best for the franchise going forward, and if tanking for 3 months it's the best decision to make, i'm all for it. No one cares about of bad Memphis looked 6 months ago.

Corrosion, Caesar and HP3 like this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

The point is that we wouldn't be beating the Warriors either way. And then wed be left with nothing when Butler leaves.

kjayp likes this.
  18. rockets13champs

I’ve retired from watching basketball.

19. DD444

DD444 Member

So sad, straight going to bed now.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

We need to form a mob...and run CP3 out of town. Leave your lottery winnings, CP3!

lw17 likes this.