1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hypothetical Trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JayZ750, Feb 1, 2006.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

As noted in the title, this thread is about hypothetical trades. Would you, the Rockets, or the other team, do these trades?

Trade # 1

Incoming: Troy Murphy, Mickael Pietrus
    Outgoing: Stromile Swift, David Wesley, First Round Draft Choice (potentially with some type of protection...top 3, lottery, etc.)

Trade #2

Incoming: Paul Pierce
    Outgoing: Stromile Swift, David Wesley, Moochie Norris, Luther Head

Alternatives to this trade could have Boston including Kendrick Perkins or Al Jefferson and Houston including 1st round draft choice (with any sort of protection) in whatever combination you feel makes sense.

Trade #3

Incoming: Carlos Boozer, Gordon Giricek
    Outgoing: Moochie Norris, David Wesley, and either Swift or Howard

- What is the status of Boozer's injury?

Trade #4

Incoming: Morris Peterson, Matt Bonner
    Outgoing: David Wesley, Lonnie Baxter

Toronto gets more cap space sooner.

Trade #5

Incoming: Luol Deng, Othella Harrington
    Outgoing: David Wesley, 1st Round Pick (again, whatever protection you think gets the deal done)

Trade # 6

Incoming: Hedo Turkoglu
    Outgoing: David Wesley

2. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

# 6 is kind of interesting

3. Sanjaylucknow

Sanjaylucknow Contributing Member

Throw in Head and #6 becomes possible.

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

i like # 4 ,5 , 6 good ideas jay

5. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

They all work as long as the other teams have gm's that secretly want us to get better.

6. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

#1 - Ain't happening. GS might move Murphy alone for Wesley, Swift, and our pick this year (throw in Calbert Cheaney to make the salaries match), just for the cap relief. But Les wouldn't pay all that money to a guy to be Juwan's backup.

#2 - No way Boston would ever do anything you mentioned. Why would they trade their best chips for just cap space and a few of our bench players?

#3 - Utah would take Juwan for Boozer, but would we want that? I say no.

#4 - Raptors want cap space, but they'd rather move Jalen Rose. I wouldn't want MoPete's contract anyway.

#5 - No way Chicago gives up a promising young, cheap player.

#6 - Again, no way. Hedo is one of the few things that have gone right for the Magic. Why would they trade him for cap space?

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

The only ones of those that seem even close to possible are #4 and #6, and that's only if the teams are just trading away for cap room, and given up on Turkoglu/Peterson.

Most of the others you'd have to throw in Head to even start talking to the other team seriously.

I'd absolutely love to find a way to get Pietrus or Boozer (a lot of $ though). It seems that Utah is viewing Boozer as a waste.

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

#1: Golden State, I'm sure, feels they are in a better position to make the playoffs than we are. Murphy is a big part of that offense and he is exploding on the boards as of late (averaging 17.25 boards in his last 4 games) ... plus I'm not sure they are ready to hand the PF spot to Diogu. They do have a lot of fat contracts though and I'm sure Murphy's nearly $60 million isn't helping.

#2: If they trade Pierce, they will probably get better offers than that ... I doubt they'd want 4-for-1.

#3: Boozer is overpaid. I doubt Utah would do it either. I'm not sure expiring contracts mean much to Utah as they can't sign free agents there without overpaying them, to be honest.

#4: Mo Pete is having a pretty good year and is shooting a career-high in threes. Toronto is improving, but may throw in the towel before the deadline.

#5: I don't see why the Bulls would deal Deng. They can still make the playoffs in the East. Any team that deals for our first round pick this year with some kind of top 3 protections knows that if our ping pong ball comes up top 3, they are screwed. The pick would be in the 20's likely next season.

#6: Orlando would have to just want to dump his contract because he's better than Wesley and younger -- I don't see this happening. Turkoglu is playing well.

9. anitasri

anitasri Member

I think Option #2 is great and I would welcome option 6

Heck I will throw in a 2007 top 3 protected 1st rounder if we can move that many people for Pierce.

Heck if we do some serious research we may find a Chucky Hayes or two. I would try and keep Luther though.

10. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

i would love mo pete on this team, hes good