1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Hypothetical trade targets during next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by peleincubus, Jul 19, 2015.

1. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

That is a fair assumption. But I think the Pelicans would have to think long and hard about that trade. Their team building has been through free agency and as a result they have sacrificed younger players with upside. They don't really have any young depth at the 3 and could use a guy like Dekker. And with Anderson's contract expiring I think they might be better off getting a younger player like Jones that they won't really have to risk losing because he is a RFA.

2. baubo

baubo Member

I'm fairly certain the Rockets had to renounce their rights to Terry in order to be under the tax and make the salaries match. Terry will still probably be re-signed for the minimum, but probably not going to be useful for salary matching.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

My guess is there'll be an asset management move to get under the tax involving McDaniels & either Jones or DMo for a first round pick.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

my post turned into an understanding that there are not many players that would make sense coming to the rockets to "upgrade" the team.

so at this point if something happens it's more of a salary cap for future picks type move.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Salaries don't work.

Trading for Ryan Anderson would be very difficult (setting aside whether they even want to move him) with the roster as currently constructed. Not a lot of salary pieces left to bundle unless you are including Ariza or Brewer.