1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hulu is developing a Hillary Clinton alternate history show

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The project is being put together by Antonio Sabato Jr.

3. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

DIVOT

TheresTheDagger and RayRay10 like this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

PIVOT

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Honestly, it would be more interesting if they did an alternative history on whether she won the last election and how this presidency would go. I wouldn't watch it, but I'm sure there would be an audience for it.

Basing it off what would have happened if she hadn't married Bill doesn't sound appealing at all. Cool, a TV show about a young lawyer in Arkansas...yea?!?

7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

actually I think if Hulu plunked her down in the middle of The Man in the High Castle and made her fight off the Japanese and Nazis, that would be a good show.

rocketsjudoka and RayRay10 like this.
  8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Another hillary clinton thread

Smh

tinman and RayRay10 like this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It strikes me as a deliberate attempt to increase the frustration already felt by a majority of American voters that Ms Clinton lost in 2016. That, and the despair at witnessing the ruin inflicted on our country by the corrupt liar sitting in the White House, busy complaining to anyone who will listen how "unfairly" he has been treated as he views the tens of thousands dead because of his bungling of the worst health crisis in over a century, and the hundreds of thousands sickened by his beyond sickening performance as "president." Views them with a complete lack of empathy.

I'll pass.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who would watch this?

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Os Trigonum likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My understanding is that the Hillary Clinton documentary did very well and her book sales were strong too. From a business stance this makes sense to me especially with so much demand for new content.

14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

If she hadn't married Bill Clinton she wouldn't have gone to Arkansas. It would be a young lawyer in NYC, DC or Chicago.
    Actually in terms of history Hillary Clinton was involved or around some important history. She was an anti-Vietnam war protester and a staffer on the Watergate hearings. Since she went to Wellesley they could do stories around the desegregation of Boston.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

True, but why limit the ratings for something like this...unless Hillary's documentary did really well and they just didn't say anything about that (hard to believe). Why not "Forrest Gump" something like that and use a fictional lawyer going through those events. It seems that they're limiting their audience out of the gate with a polarizing subject.

16. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I know the current timeline sucks but Hillary winning might have arguably had much larger electoral implications in the longer term. If Hillary won, I'm willing to bet Republicans are looking at 60+ Senate seats and a huge majority in the House. Also, you'd see even more wipeout at lower levels. The suburban switch to Democrats never happens in this world while rural voters continue to leave the Democratic party.

And most likely, Republicans figure out how to tar and feather Hillary along the way with endless hearings in the House and Senate and total obstruction on everything.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I've been thinking about this and thought similarly. I'm not sure what her landmark legislation piece would be but the 18' elections would not be kind to her. The corona response and shutdown would probably be just as bitter with the no maskers getting up in arms for "not being able to breathe" freely.

Dems would have a SCOTUS majority though, even if the other federal appointments are mostly vacant through McConnel's obstruction.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

3am wank show
    this is like skinamax for guys like op.

repugs getting that 2 inch hard on

RayRay10 and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Media is already fragmented, especially subscription services. I can understand why a lot of people roll their eyes at this but there is a market for Hillary Clinton. It might not be for everyone but certainly shows like The Watchmen aren't meant for everyone.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I think there is a lot of truth to this.

One thing you can say for Trump is that he has showed us the importance of experience and competence in government.

RayRay10 likes this.