1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hug your loved ones this Christmas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm not sure how to type this in the best way possible. It'll probably be rambling and long, as I'm still a wreck about it, so I apologize.

Yesterday, on the way into work, I was a couple cars behind a really bad accident. As I parked my car and ran to the scene, there were already 3 or 4 brave people out trying to help, in the middle of the interstate. As I ran up, all I could see were children's books and a couple kids toys littered for what seemed like 100 yards down the highway. I have a two year old (as of last Friday) at home, and my first thought was "oh no! It's Christmas!".

Anyways, these brave people and I helped get the scene under control, until what seemed like forever before the cops and EMTs and firefighters showed up.

I helped pull a victim from a car and administered CPR, but I think we all clearly knew it was too late. We tried our best for quite a while, though.

There were two kids that the other great people out there for from the car. One was a little boy about 8 months and the other was a little girl about 2 years. I hear she's not doing well. Please send good vibes, thoughts, prayers, or whatever in her direction.

All I can keep thinking is this could have been my family. These kids were my kid's age and the victim was essentially the same age as my wife and I. That thought is seared in my mind. There's two kids who's lives are forever changed, and I wish I could have done more to fix that, but there was no chance.

The moral of the story is that as you travel this holiday season, be extra careful. DON'T ROAD RAGE -its good for no one. Pay attention to everything going on around you. And when you get together with family, give them all hugs and tell them you love them. Treat everyone well and this world will be a better place.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Dang man.

Sorry for that family and also sorry for you brother. Witnessing stuff like that can have profound impact on a person. Several years ago I saw a woman get run over by a tow truck and it just...II don't know how to describe it but impacted me.

Any way, thank you @EddieWasSnubbed for getting out of your car and trying to help. That matters man.

And good thread and a good reminder for all of us. Life is precious but easy to lose.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Bless you @EddieWasSnubbed. You’re a hero for stopping.

Very poignant story too. I don’t road rage (outside of cussing at people which is casual to me) but I know I cause it and my wife has been harping on me for years to chill. She told me the other day that going anywhere with me is just unpleasant due to my Houston style driving and I’m trying to change it. This recount helps even though we don’t know the cause.

Thanks again and as Eddie said, count your blessings everyone!