1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Huffington Post] James Harden's Glaring Defensive Problem Is Way Worse Than You Thought

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cdrive, Jan 21, 2016.

1. dream2franchise

Could you kindly explain the difference between DRPM and Defensive Box Plus/Minus and why one is better than the other?

Legitimately curious...there's so many stats I don't know where to start.

2. ibm

ibm Member

agreed. its really not that complicated. cant understand why either of the two isnt happening.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

"Worse than I thought" ??

I beg to differ

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This won't slow down those people even a little bit.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

See...it's posts like aelliott's that really annoy me, sometimes. I'm slightly lesdyxic and so get the facts of spelling names properly mixed up all the time. I'm sure many of you see me garble the spelling of even common words all the time. But, as some inner, internet code of Texan politeness, I go out of my way to make sure I research proper spelling of people's monikers in my posts, and some are a mess of letters and numbers. aelliott is pretty easy to misspell, as well. Very few posters spell his name correctly.

But there he goes, yet again, and uses first caps in spelling my name, when the facts are very easy to look up on how to spell my name correctly.

grrrrrr

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

james harden defense - the mos embarrassing product in the nba
    harden to league: its just defense

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol and Lmao at those guys calling Brewer COREY SIEVER

The biggest sieve is James the Sieve Haren

8. ApuN

ApuN Member

Glad you posted this. The article really smelled of something being really off.

Obvious this clown curvefitted his story to fit a biased narrative.

9. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

The writer of the article makes some interesting points but none that we aren't already aware of. It's really disappointing how far we've regressed as a team this year. Not even a healthy Dwight Howard is able to fix this team because this team is built to win and lose with Harden.

I just recently watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44IrRDVqBgk

-Please note that James talks about how he wants his legacy left after he's done playing basketball, I don't hear someone saying they want to be known as the best but he sidesteps and tells the viewers that he wants to be known for being a good stand up guy. If you watch any other previous interviews with Curry, Durant or LeBron you only hear about them wanting to win the championship every year.

What else do you really expect out of Harden though? We have a statistically driven GM who puts a HUGE emphasis on being efficient so what does our franchise player proceed to do? It's no wonder that Harden wants to not only win but he wants to win the way Morey emphasizes. Defense is about willingness to defend, you aren't a great defender if the other player scores on you, its about how tough you made the offensive player work.

I really hope Chris Paul and Klay Thompson get picked over Harden over the last two back court spots (not likely I'm sure) but maybe being snubbed will ignite and motivate Harden to give a **** on the defensive end and stop putting more pressure on his team mates to pick up after his constant mishaps. Ty Lawson and the rest of the Rockets are not the only issue here, Harden must first change in order for the rest of the team to follow.

Simple as that, but I fear this season is nearly lost unless Harden and Co. bother to start playing some motivated team basketball...

10. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I said that you presented good arguments, I didn't say that you were funny.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

heypartner can be funny when he doesn't care about people misspelling his moniker. He likes me because my moniker is one of the Easiest to spell.

12. BackdoorHarden

Creators don't follow.

Only followers like Kwahi and Draymond play D.

Suckers work, Creator lead- Signed the Creator

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

easy peasy

14. BackdoorHarden

What did Dwight do to Jordan Schultz???????????

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

defense is for chumps. creators create points from the ft line.
    fine results with little work. creative genius - james harden