1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HUBIE BROWN is a pathetic commentator

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NBAandNFLFan, Apr 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

My problem was not that he was rooting for the Mavs but that his analysis was very hit and miss. He commented on how the Rockets missed Dmo's rebounding and how the Mavs were hurt by the refs and will change next game. Basically he will just say some things that are counter factual. I just want to correct him lol.

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yeah, I think some people just don't get his style of commentating. It's pretty much always from the perspective of a person who likes good, mistake-free basketball.

A while back people were up in arms because he was saying "we" when referring to the Nuggets (even though he does the same thing for every team). He says things like "now that's what we like to see" after someone makes a smart play. Again "we," as in the population who likes seeing basketball played well.

Personally, I've always like his commentating style.

1 person likes this.
  3. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Hubrie is one of best that I like to along with tirico and jvg....... He's one of the few guys who actually praises the rockets and appreciates how hard we play......

4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I like Hubie Brown. He's fair, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic about the game.

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

He was all Mavs yesterday that is for sure

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Listening to Bill Worrel slip off into senility is alot better than listening to Hubie Brown bust a nut live on TV

7. awc713

awc713 Member

I'm not a fan of Hubie, but I can't say its personal...he, like many national commentators whom cover our games, fail to do any research.

Its frustrating because, for many NBA fans, this is their only glimpse of watching/learning about the rockets. So, i'd like some accurate information being displayed about them.

Perfect example: last night, Mavs were 0-6 from 3, and Hubie was talking about how they're bound to heat up. Obviously they're bound to hit shots, but that's also a perfect time to inform fans of some knowledge--that Rockets lead the league in opponent 3pt%.

It's frustrating, probably for most of CF, to deal with commentators like Hubie, not only because we're more knowledgable about the Rockets, but because these commentators have a mild effect of people's understanding of the Rockets. Compounded that w/ the fact that they paint us in a bad light occasionally, and I understand why fans are upset. Simply put, they fail to really educate lay-NBA fans about the Rockets.

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Worrell making racist comments about a young rookie white player "Cooley" of the Utah Jazz. Saying he shouldn't be able to block that shot like that because he's white and nonathletic in stereotype is okay with you? :rolleyes: Notice how Bullard was quiet at those comments. I was uncomfortable myself from hearing it via live stream.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Infact if I was Bullard, I would say to Bill Worrell "A guy that is 6'10 that can play this level of basketball and move the way he does is a down right miracle. He's work hard to get to this level so there should be euphemism headed his way unlike you just being a regular 5'8 guy commentating a game for a living..."

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Hubie always support the dog. That's why he was very pro Mavs yesterday.

11. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I literally have no idea what everyone is talking about.

Hubie is knowledgeable, unbiased, informative, and never flies off the handle or criticizes with an agenda. He is fantastic in my opinion. And yesterday he was definitely NOT pro-Mavs.

In fact the only time I've heard him yel during a game was when Wesley Matthews was fouling Harden on every single play last year in the Portland series. Hubie was screaming at the refs multiple times saying, "You have to call that. You have to allow players to move freely without the ball!"

Basically, stop yer whinin'. We have the worst commentators in all of sports so everyone should be thrilled to get the perspective of a highly knowledgeable person instead of the drivel we normally are subjected to.

I enjoy JVG too, but unfortunately it is a package deal with Jackson... So...

1 person likes this.
  12. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

You can always nitpick and find something. These things aren't scripted.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Can't stand Clyde, but watched root yesterday.

I'll try the tnt game, didn't care much for hubbie.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Hubie is starting to remind me of Larry Merchant (boxing commentator) -- he needs to retire soon.

15. Jbarrachina

Jbarrachina Member

Hubie is a very good commentator, enjoy listening to him.
    No one is perfect, but he is much better than the
    other ones at ESPN.

1 person likes this.
  16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

There's no really bad commentators now that I think about it. It's the agenda of the league to let obvious wrong calls go and if a commentator overreacts or mentions it over and over again, he/she is out of a job. I was always high of Worrell until his comments of Cooley the other day. It still bothers me as I type because I thought Bill was more objective and better than that..

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

isn't the unwritten rule of stereotypes that you're allowed to make them about your own group?

18. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Hubie likes about 1500 different things over the course of a game.

19. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I hope JVG covers our games for the duration of the playoffs.

I'll take Chris Webber also on TNT. He loves the Beard and Dwight.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

"I like that..."