1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HP]The Rockets RGV Lab

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Really good perspective article on our involvement in the D-league

http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/200...e-valley-is-indicative-of-imperial-influence/

I'm posting the whole article here, but I suggest going over there to get the links embedded in the article too.

2. HPD

HPD Member

"Triple A Team" of the ROCKETS .. i like the idea and i think Les Alexander made a good move by buying into the D league concept...

other teams WILL follow once they see the concept working....

3. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I like the fact that the Rox are always kind of a step ahead in these stuff. All the Stat's Morey has on players people would die for it. Now this.

4. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

I wonder who Daryl has in mind to replace Moser....?

Adelman's son?

or Dean Cooper?

5. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

I must be dense but what is to keep a player that the Rockets have developed, to keep him from going to another team after the Rockets have spent 2 or 3 years of time with him from signing with another team just when the Rockets are ready to bring him up to the Rocket team?
    Seems like they need to change the CBA before investing much time and effort with a future prospect.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

If its any consolation, I don't see NBA teams fighting to sign a D-league prospect regardless of domination (i.e. James White)

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Are the Rockets gonna devote resources to developing a new team trainer and team doctors at RGV?

8. rocketsmetalspd

5 hrs from civilization? The Valley or El Valle is great place with the best beach South Padre Island in Texas. If you like hot temps and high humidity this is the place for you and only a few miles from Mexico.

9. ralphacy

ralphacy Member

The RGV aint that bad.

5 hours, i guess he is talking about San Antonio. I live in the valley, in the city of mcallen and its not that bad, i mean its not awesome but its not as crappy as they make it out to be.

Im just so happy that the Rockets are going to be involved with the Vipers. I hope that there will be new converts to Rockets fandom. There are too many stupid bandwagon Spurs fans in this place, its suffocating. Everywhere you turn, its spurs spurs spurs. I hate it. At least I can take comfort in the Rockets store in Mcallen, yippee.

10. rocketsmetalspd

Yes the there is Rockets store but the damn thing has Spurs Jerseys for sale WTF. Oh well I just hope local fox sports will be televising Rockets games this season instead of the Spurs.

11. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

WTF. :mad:

Morey should have fired the store manager before firing Clay Moser.

12. ralphacy

ralphacy Member

Well its better than nothing. Yea fox sports will be playing the Rockets games only if the Mavs and the Spurs are not playing that night. Im getting the leauge pass.

13. Al22ex

Al22ex Member

It's an NBA apparel store. We have 90% Rockets/Vipers stuff in our store, and one wall that has items from a few other teams... lighten up