1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would other coaches have fared?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by celebrevida, May 31, 2018.

1. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Personally I think Dantoni is a good coach. So don't take this thread as criticism at all. And I actually think that coaching is overrated.

Having said that, let's imagine if the season was restarted but with a different coach. How would the same team and roster perform and play if Rockets were coached by any of the other people that were head coaches during the 2017-18 season?

Steve Kerr
    Tyronn Lue
    Brad Stevens
    Gregg Popovich
    Billy Donovan
    Scotty Brooks
    Tom Thibodeau
    :
    Jason Kidd, etc.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I would EASILY take D’antoni over the likes of Lue, Thibs, Kidd, Brooks, and Donovan

It’s still hard for me to say how good a coach Steve Kerr actually is. Luke Walton went 39-4 when he had to coach the team including a 24-0 start to the season. Mike Brown went 12-0 in last year’s playoffs when he had to coach the team.

Brad Stevens and Pop are better coaches, but I don’t really have any complaints about Mike D’antoni. He has exceeded my expectations both years he’s been here. Year 1 I was expecting 47-48 wins and a 1st round exit. Instead we win 55, get to game 6 of the 2nd round, and he wins COY. This season, I was expecting 58-62 wins and just hoped to take GS to at least 6 games in the WCF. We end up winning 65, and should’ve beat GS if not for CP3’s injury and Adam Silver’s orders.

3. macan

macan Member

excludin MDA, i like pop, j*zz's coach and boston's coach
    steve kerr is a biatch