1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How will you judge our season if Spurs eliminate Warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, May 14, 2017.

?

How will you judge our season if Spurs eliminate gsw or give them a fair fight and lose in 6 or 7 ?

1. It will be a big success

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. It will be a sucess

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. I'll give them a pass

5 vote(s)
    9.3%
  4. It's already a success no matter what happens

23 vote(s)
    42.6%
  5. It's already a fail no matter what happens

16 vote(s)
    29.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Or give them a fair fight and lose in game 6 or 7?

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Are you on drugs? The warriors are going to roll the Spurs

The dumbest thread I've seen in a long time

craigharmann likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That will just make me even angrier.

Cashmoney and hakeem94 like this.
  4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

No relevance... we watched the games... we saw the series was ours for the taking - and we didn't... whatever happens from there doesn't matter...

It was an overachieving season... great overall results for so many new additions getting acclimated... that ended on a real crappy note that left a lot of questions about the future...

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what if that happens though? how would you think of rockets season then?

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

doesn't change the fact that the Rockets choked big time, so the season is a disappointment either way

Yung-T likes this.
  7. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

The season was great. The last game & a half was beyond comprehension.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They got to the 2nd round I am happy. The chance of them beating the warriors was small.

J Sizzle and J.R. like this.
  9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If the Spurs beat the Warriors, games 5/6 may represent the biggest blown opportunity in Rockets history.

Thanks to James "Full r****d" Harden.

10. Wylo

Wylo Member

Yeah, it would make us even more mad because we could've really won that series if Harden didn't go into full r****d mode during the last 6 quarters.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The season was an absolute success however Harden's can of quit doesn't bode well for future playoff runs.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Yeah I see it as

- If you lose its BEST/BETTER be to the actual CHAMPS. More respect in that, than to a team getting swept and exposed next round

- That title game coulda BEEN YOU in it of you handled biz right.

13. dmoneybangbang

Our season is already a success in my mind considering where we started in the off season. However, I'll always root for the Spurs once the Rockets are eliminated, never the Mavs. Never the Mavs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. jayfree

jayfree Member

I disagree with this. Game #3 for us was the tell of our series. Even if we had pulled out Game #5 in SA, I think Game #6 still would have happened and there is no way SA is losing Game #7 at home.

I don't feel bad for Houston getting beat by the Spurs in the playoffs (At least it wasn't OKC or Memphis or even the Clippers). It just sucks how we lost that last game when Harden played poorly. But that is what the Spurs team does. They wait until they see your weakness, then when the game or series is on the line THAT'S when they exploit it. They had Harden figured out by Game #3 and I have a feeling they concentrated on other areas as to not show their hand too soon. They knew Harden couldn't beat them by himself and slowly took out our other pieces one by one, lulling the Rockets into false hope.

Not only did the Spurs win the series, but we also gave them a preview of how to play a run-and-gun team. They may not beat the Warriors this series, but it gives the league what they've been wanting to see for years now. Regardless if the Spurs beat the Warriors or not, we are still learning how to be a dominant team. Just not there yet. Especially against a mental strategist like Pop.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm really proud of our preseason record of 5-2. I'm serious.

Daddy Long Legs, jayfree and J Sizzle like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

define the choke

17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I appreciate the view...
    but I think game 5 was ours and we gave it away down the stretch... all we needed were a few good plays and we'd have had it sewn up... but we fell apart and gave it away...
    game 6 with no Kawhi and no TP... that was ours for the taking... but either dissention among the players or a Harden meltdown or whatever took us out of it before it even really began...
    I think if we had played the last 5 quarters like we played the rest of the season... it was ours...

jayfree likes this.
  18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was a success already, new coach and players and we got to game 6 of the semifinals against the 2 seed

Daddy Long Legs and J Sizzle like this.
  19. jayfree

jayfree Member

I think Kawhi going down was a blessing for the Spurs. Houston had them playing Rockets style ball in Game #5 and when Kawhi sat that gave the Spurs life to play their team basketball again (not relying on a one-on-one player). That change took Houston out of their rhythm and defensive scheme. Game #6 was another example of that as Harden tried to pass the ball early but the Spurs shut them down. By the time Harden tried to look for his shot it was already a blow out.

If Kawhi never got injured in Game #5 I think we win that game.

One more thing. I think starting Lou Williams over EGo those last few games may have been a better option. Either case, losing Nene really effected that series and some Rockets lost confidence over it.

#19 jayfree, May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
    kjayp likes this.
  20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i'd be like "daam we aint gonna trade this mug? he's been on the team 1 or 2 years then? ok then imust have been hallucinating the past 3 or so years, sheeeet. someone shoulda told me i was losing my mind."