1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Trump Gets His Fake News

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, May 15, 2017.

1. adoo

adoo Member

Agent Orange rarely surfs the web on his own, but his staff have made a habit of slipping news stories on to his desk—including the occasional internet hoax.

White House chief of staff Reince Priebus issued a stern warning at a recent senior staff meeting: Quit trying to secretly slip stuff, internet hoax, to President Trump.

Just days earlier, K.T. McFarland, the deputy national security adviser, had given Trump a printout of two Time magazine covers.
    • One, supposedly from the 1970s, warned of a coming ice age;
    • the other, from 2008, about surviving global warming, according to four White House officials familiar with the matter.

Agent Orange quickly got lathered up about the media’s hypocrisy. But there was a problem. The 1970s cover was fake,
    part of an Internet hoax that’s circulated for years.

The episode illustrates the impossible mission of managing a White House led by an impetuous president who has resisted structure and strictures his entire adult life.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Not sure what to say if this is true, good luck to the USA, we will need it.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Good lord... wtf did I just read?

Also I recall a poster here I think posting those two same Time faux covers, or maybe it was on Twitter.... not sure but I've seen that floating around the internet. The fact that our President gets fake news DELIVERED to him in print outs to shape his worldview is unbelievably scary.

We are so F-ed. Its only been 110 days FYI. Thanks Trump voters.

4. MexAmercnMoose

that's what happens when you don't read, you can't question what people tell you...sad

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Sorry @adoo I missed your thread and posted this elsewhere. Don't want to take away recognition for you posting this... :D

6. adoo

adoo Member

no problem, bro, just keep on posting !