1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to Pack Liquor in Checked-in Luggage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OrangeRowdy95, Jan 13, 2012.

1. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

Hi CF,

I have some bottles of Grey Goose (750 ml), Camarena Tequila (750 ml) and Seagrams (1.75 liters), and I want to take them with me in my travel. I've never put glass anything in my checked-in baggage.

Is it a good idea to take these with me? If so, how should I pack them???

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

My boss does this with wine but I didn't think to ask him how. I'm thinking two boxes: one bottle-sized, and another one slightly bigger: and some packing peanuts in each of them. Also, you gotta realize this is a crap shoot, cuz they can check anything, anywhere.

3. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Carry it in your stomach.

4. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

You'll find the answer in this vid.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zzSpPaCIG0g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I usually just wrap in some clothes or towels and put a plastic bag around it just in case they break. As long as there is no play in your suitcase, you should be fine.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Shoe box and some socks

I just brought some bottles of G'Vine, Hendrick's and jack like that.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Put them in checked baggage, better if you have a hard shell. Last Cruz I went on I came back with about 5 bottles of stuff. 1 bottle broke, was coffee liquor, made a big sticky mess. Make sure you put them in a bag. Wish I had done that. The glass didn't break, but it had some fancy spout it that broke off.

8. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Put the bottles in bubble wrap, then put in other bag (like in a ziploc bag), then close it very well.
    If they broke, you still have the liquor in the bag, and not all over your clothes and suitcase.

9. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

10. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Rimowa luggage.
    [​IMG]

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Condoms and boatloads of lube.

Wait, what?

12. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

LOL @ the "wait, what"

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

+1 for rum runners

14. yo

yo Contributing Member

I used one of these before and worked pretty well:

[​IMG]

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

why just not buy them at the duty free or your destination?

16. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

17. flipmode

flipmode Member

like the others... first layer on the bottle is a ziplock (or other watertight bag). then, roll the bottle in your cheapest clothing articles (undershirts, underwear, t-shirts). set all the individually-rolled bottles aside.

pack your bag normally... if you're paranoid, put a sheet of cardboard on the bottom of the suitcase. then, fill the suitcase 1/3 or 1/2 way. now, put your rolled bottles in the middle of the suitcase. add more clothes on top, and stuff what you can in between the bottles. layer the suitcase up until you're done. add another sheet of cardboard on top, and close it up.

the cardboard sandwich should give more rigidity to the front and back of the case, so direct hits get spread amongst your clothes. the bottles are nestled right in the heart of the suitcase, in a "cocoon" kinda thing. and finally, if the bottles break, they're contained in a zipper bag. if they merely leak, then it's your cheapest clothes that took the hardest hit. if you need more insulation, wadded up newspaper works great because it has more "contraction" capability than cloth.

(came back from italy with 9 bottles of wine and liquor a few years ago. didn't lose a single one.)

18. gatsby

gatsby Member