1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HOW TO FIX THIS MESS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by threepointshot3, May 12, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

honestly this would take the heat off Harden next year. I'm serious.

AvgJoe likes this.
  2. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

I would be all over this. IMO Ibaka is a much better fit in our system (i.e. a 3 and D guy) than Griffin and will come cheaper hopefully. Ibaka at 18-20 million to me is a no brainer (huge upgrade over Anderson). Additionally, Ibaka, unlike Anderson, could actually backup the 5 spot effectively.

I would hate to see Ariza and Lou go, but for Hayward it wouldn't be a question. Only serious issue remaining is Harden's careless passing, which unless we get another playmaker I think we need to live with...

Harden/Beverly
    EGo/Harden
    Hayward
    Ibaka/Nene
    Capela/Nene

With that team I think we could match up with anyone pretty well.

AceOfSpades likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Yeah, I doubt we could do much better than that roster. We would be a top 2 offense at worst, and with a starting lineup of Harden, Bev, Hayward, Ibaka, and Capela, we could potentially be a top 10 defense as well. The only defensive liability in the starting lineup would be Harden. Everyone else is above average.

Don't u think that Hayward could be that other playmaker or nah?

AceOfSpades and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  4. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

Sign Blake Griffin...a big who can shoot the 3 too

5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

It's just Rocket science.

Well, Houston Rocket science, that is.

Sign Millsap!

6. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

[​IMG]

I'm looking at you Morey.

cheke64 likes this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Think Corey Brewer will be obtainable?

oakdogg likes this.
  8. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

Blake is going to command absolutely max dollars, he is injury prone and his 3P% is decent but not good, maybe good for a big man but not good enough that I'd want him taking them consistently. I think he may also to take some shots away from Capela/Nene (unless we use him for his mid-range game, but thats not the gameplan). He is a very good passer though which I think could be very valuable.

From what I could see in game 5 and 6 was that Ryan Anderson was a huge liability at the defensive end and having only Capela to anchor us was definitely hurting us especially when Capela rested. Given this I think a much better choice would be Serge Ibaka. He is the same age, hits 3's at good rate and takes more of them, and he plays good defense. The way I think about this one is that he would be an improvement from Ryan Anderson in every aspect of the game.

A move for Griffin is a move to go all in on a purely offensive game. I think however, that we could combine Capela's defense with another elite defender we can get additional stops that will transition into easier transition opportunities. To be honest I would be very excited if we brought in either Griffin or Ibaka.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Cousins is a free agent. Sign him and convinced him to do 75% of his scoring inside the paint. The first few years in the league, dude was killing posting up defenders.

I think we must have an inside presence that teams respect. Otherwise, defenses will just guard our perimeters players, boggling down our scheme.

The risk is that Cousins will continue to be a malcontent, but I say take the chance.

Good defenses have us figured out.

10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Sign Blake Griffin. He's injury prone but when players who are injury prone come to Houston, they usually get injured less.

11. Know Your Role

We can start rebuilding now, no need to add aging injured stars. We need the next generation of NBA players.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Don't set yourself up for a disappointment guys, Hayward is not coming here...i've always been positive about top players coming here these past years, but at this point i started to think the opposite...Bosh, LMA, Durant, Horford...seems a pattern a this point, maybe they just don't see a winning enviroment here, and especially after this season ending well...i don't expect this to change, i think Hayward has good chances to leave Utah, but he'll go to the Celtics, maybe the Spurs if they will want him more than Paul...if we're lucky we find a way to get Millsap, again, if we're lucky, personally, i expect us ending up with Gallo or a second tier player anyway.

13. threepointshot3

Harden is not going anywhere anytime soon

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Cousins is not a free agent until 2018

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I have heard that Blake Griffin may not even be able to play until the start of preseason...he'll be spending his entire summer rehabbing instead of working on his game

16. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Some people are so concerned with looking at raw percentages and claiming that a three or contested layup are still better than a wide open mid-range shot, but they're missing the point. You take the wide open mid-range shots, if for no other reason, to keep the defense guessing. It's fine to prefer 3's and layups and skew heavily toward those shots, but if the other team knows they don't have to guard the majority of the court, they're going to figure you out over the course of a series.

You don't throw a 90mph fastball down the middle of the plate every single pitch just because you can.

dcfma and topfive like this.
  17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Is that right? Nevermind then. Thanks for the correction.

18. threepointshot3

If Derrick Favors was not so injury prone I would have loved to get him. Superb interior post defender and borderline elite shot blocker who is lost in the rotation in Utah. Plus is an underrated post scorer with a solid jump shot.

19. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Fools thinking les is trading the beard

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Ugh...i'd gladly stay away from Blake anyway at this point, i know we are not in a power spot with free agents right now, but still...