1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How the Rockets can get Chris Paul AND another star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BimaThug, Jun 24, 2017.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

PG over Millsap for sure all day. Younger and the exact guy we need to guard KD while being an excellent corner 3 shooter.

Harden Paul PG - can you get Cousins because it's going to get ugly in New Orleans soon? One thing at a time. Get a commitment from CP3!

2. Fantasma Negro

We are beginning to delude ourselves with these names and forgetting this team plays a system. I think the best thing for this team is to add Gallo and Milsap. Paul George is a b**** who is all talk and none of Chris Paul's teammates like him, pass

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

forgetting this team plays a system? just like any other nba team...

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

There is no way there is already some sort of agreement with Paul or that Morey is nothing more than hopeful. The connections aren't there. When we were brought up as a possible destination, we weren't even mentioned on our own, remember they said Paul will meet with Houston and Denver.

Morey has shown in the past he'll take the gamble of clearing space to chase someone (Lin to Lakers to sign Bosh).

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Bosh gave us a verbal commitment though. I doubt Morey will be making that mistake again.

6. sammy

Bosh committed and then back-tracked. Let's hope that doesn't happen again.

7. Fantasma Negro

A system that revolves around locker room harmony. Do these guys sound like good locker room guys to you?

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh locker room is what you're going for now. well last i checked the best player on the rockets isn't exactly known to say the right things either and its well documented at the very least issues have come up. you're kidding yourself if you think the rockets locker room is full of harmony

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Did he? I don't recall that. He may have said he's leaning towards us, and then went back to Miami and got the 5 year max from Riley, but I'm almost positive he didn't flat out say "I'm signing with Houston".

10. Fantasma Negro

You're right it revolves around Harden, do you think James wants another Tywon experiment? That's what we'll get with CP. Paul George just rubs me the wrong way, what type of dude offers a million dollars for an abortion and then impregnates her again, a ****boy does. No ****boys on this team

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

all this is based is your personal agenda toward both and how it needs to cater to someone who just quit. and for the record yeah i most definitely think he wants either player. as of matter of fact he would like both.

what type of dude pays some guys to jump another guy....****boy does right....

12. sammy

He gave us a verbal commitment for sure.

13. Fantasma Negro

First of all, no charges have been brought against Mr. Harden lol.
    I'm not an insider, not a fortune teller or a clairvoyant but before we got Dwight, I was all over this place saying that he'd destroy our locker room with his attitude and he did. Paul George is ringing alarm bells in my head about his attitude and the fact that Chris Paul has never been able to get the job done but is somehow touted as this amazing pg, I've never seen it. We're getting real lathered up over all these names floating around but how come Griffin hasn't released his visit list? Probably because he's waiting for Paul to re-sign in L.A.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

disagree regarding cp3 but using that logic

what has JH done on his own but is also touted as an amazing player. if you're going to criticize cp3 for something like then hold other accountable for the same thing. you really don't even have to answer that bc i've had this discussion already regarding this

15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I still want to keep ryno if possible though. We have no big guys lol. Itll be a layup line even more so without him.

Ryno would become more valuable if we had another double team worthy player though. Itd be amazing if the math worked to where we can sign him by trading bev, lou, and some bench scrubs for salary.

A lineup of paul, harden, ariza, anderson, capela with EGOD off the bench is definitely an improvement.

if we really want to use our respurces on paul then i think we should open up those resources by thinning out the backcourt instead of the frontcourt.

16. Fantasma Negro

James has steered this team to the wcf, he willed them into the playoffs last season when they had no business being there and this year in game six of the second round he shat the bed, **** happens but Paul has a longer record of futility. For the duration of his time in L.A. Chris Paul has had Blake and Deandre and has not been able to get past the second round. If we had either player on our squad last season it would've been another trip to the wcf. Chris Paul is an underachiever as a pg, and a crybaby

17. lionaire

lionaire Member

Dan Dickheadich talking a lot of NBA lately smh

His takes on ncaab are already bad enough

"Stay in yo lane"

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

he's gotten out of it one time with his own team and it's been well addressed what it took for that to happened. that's not nearly enough to put him in a completely different category than a cp3. before that it was 1st round exits and disappointing season within.

you're questioning cp3 as a winner when hes lead his teams to winning seasons and the playoffs on a consistent basis throughout his career dating back to his young days. Hes far from a losing player.

such a delusional statement in bold. if you're going to continue to just hate on cp3 based on terrible reasoning, I can just continue to do the exact same with our very own harden if you're not going to. willied them into the playoffs last year? lol what a joke

19. Fantasma Negro

Never said CP3 sucked or called him a loser, I said I don't understand the hype. James has been a pg for a year and is already a better pg than Paul, plus he's getting older and more injury prone. I just don't feel he's a need. It makes more sense to develop Isaiah or just keep Pat (dude gets better every year). This team has a real sf problem that needs to be addressed, Gallo fixes that and is damn near fam with MDA. All I'm saying is adding names for the **** of adding names just hurt the cap

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

well for me, im way past adding these solid/good players year after year that gives you the same exact ceiling. good reg season team, playoffs and 1st or 2nd round exits. The rockets should be pass that as well and that's what they're trying to do. you have to have guys that are actual top tier talent that impact the game at that level to beat the likes of the elite tier Clev, SA, GS. Nothing is going to change that until you bring actual talent to this roster. that's just reality.

Sounds like you're happy with these ok players we have come in year after year that just have to play off harden who just happens to be flawed himself. and then at the end of the year we see the exact same issues arise. then we spend another offseason complaining about this and that. I for one am not in that boat. so while i think gallo is a solid player, I'll never prefer him over the likes of a cp3 if i want to give myself the best chance to win a championship.