1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How thankful are you now that the Melo trade didn't happen?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Loneyroy7, Nov 5, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good theory. And you only play one month for a tourney.

Mazulis likes this.
  2. Clown Baby

Clown Baby Member

That OKC offense is just so basic and flat out ugly to watch. Melo is playing poorly for them right now, but that offense simply lacks a proper structure.

"Olympic Melo" might not be a realistic level/style for Melo to play in the NBA, but I have no doubt he'd have a better chance to be that type of player in this Rockets offense due to our better/clearer offensive structure and superior distributors in CP3/Harden.

Matt78777 likes this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Billy. Donovan.

Soneca likes this.
  4. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

I am not trying to troll , but if would have NYC,or OKC Melo , new ownership will have to fire DM on 11 game mark. just my opinion.

5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

A lot of us were expecting Melo to change his game to fit Harden and CP3. Even trading Ryno for Melo straight up would've been so so if we were getting last year's NY Melo. He hasn't changed his game at all in OKC and that's with playing next to alpha personality, ball dominant Russell Westbrook. I'm getting pessimistic that he would've ever changed for us.

6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Doesnt okc have the highest (or top 3) payroll currently?

Cant see the owner vibing that for too long if okc continues to look bad.

George to lakers at the trade deadline if they continue to look this bad IMO.

Melo is def opting in to OKC next year because nobody will pay him 28 mil again IMO.

7. Daddy Long Legs

Im passing out likes right and left in dis thread.

8. Daddy Long Legs

Best post in this thread

Mazulis likes this.
  9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

agree. they'll try to get combination of nance jr, randle, clarkson, or kuzman for melo and probably a 1st. I imagine OKC would have to get Deng back or something to match up salary. Not sure if Lakers can take PG's contract without nothing in return.

Melo will opt in for sure and now OKC is stuck with WB and Melo for another year hogging all the shots :D:D

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Would the Lakers even need to trade for George if they suspect he's coming via free agency? Why not ride it out if you're LA with the roster you've got(they're not off to a bad start so far) and then sign George without giving up any assets?*

*Unless of course, the endgame is trading for George and then signing LeBron next summer. But that's always seemed like a longshot at best.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

calm down

Mazulis likes this.
  12. Daddy Long Legs

You are right. Lakers ain’t trading for him. They will just flat out sign him.

If okc doesnt turn this season around, they might have a doomsday scenario future.

This is all premature though. Ill super hit the panic button on them if they look this bad still after xmas.

13. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

;)

14. photojoe

photojoe Member

As much as I have enjoyed watching OKC struggle, let's not overreact. It's been 10 games. They have gone 4-6. Most teams, even good ones, will have stretches during the season when they struggle and go 3-7 or 4-6 or something.

They just added two major pieces and will need to incorporate them and allow everyone to adjust. And I am sure they are hoping they will be able to figure out...

...I'm hoping they don't.

But still, can't overreact too much so far

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I am hoping they don't either and would be very willing to do a Ryan Anderson for Melo trade at the deadline. If not..... Luc proves to be a better starting pf and pj tucker emerges to get better i would package ryno and clint for a legit star in the front court. As much as we need that floor spacing with his 3 pt shooting come playoff time we need someone up front other teams are going to need to double team. People are not worried about ryo creating his own shot and taking it to the hole. Other teams know this which makes it alot harder for harden and paul who will be bodied up. Ryno also gets extremely passive as well. Hopefully that has changed but is that a risk we are willing to take when we are trying to win now?

16. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

my wanting us to trade for melo had NOTHING to do with on-court performance.

lets see how much we regret not trading for melo in the offseason when it's only harden and paul doing the recruiting (assuming cp3 joins in).

early on it looks like we dodged a bullet. but it's a long season.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. Soneca

Soneca Member

I kind of agree, it's not only on the players, for as much as I'm loving to see them playing cluelessly. It's gotta be firstly on the coach.

There's no system in place, last year's OKC didn't build anything reliable, we saw that during the playoffs. I'm watching most of their games - rooting against them of course - and it's simply horrible basketball.

Obviously anyone who's not as biased as ESPN can see WB playing completely out of control, it's just impossible to see him leading a team to anything close to a champioship. It already cost them KD, with the supermax given to Westbrick they're settled for a mediocre future.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member