1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How should China compensate the deceased?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Mar 17, 2020.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Stop calling it the China virus. It’s a name that clearly causes increased racist attacks against Asians all around the world.

If the “name doesn’t matter” why not call it something that does NOT create negative consequences towards a group of people?

only people that insist on calling it that want to promote racism

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Obviously there's a lot of people angry at China and the Chinese. Maybe venting or other things preventing these people from seeing or wanting to see more clearly

I'm sure there's plenty of blame and shame to go around in the coming shitstorm

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You just went off the rails of the crazy train.

Why don't you back up the assertion that there have been ....

Where have these attacks happened ? North Korea maybe .... where they just killed anyone with the virus ?!

I'm sure it would have been all over CNN and MSNBC if these "attacks" happened in America , and I've been watching both , not a mention.

You are just looking for a reason to cry racism and bash anything that doesn't jive with your political narrative .... Orange man bad , right wing bad , whitey bad , wealthy bad , capitalism bad , freedom bad .... gooberment save us!

This crazy indian see's thru your BS.

Senator likes this.
  4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/20/us/coronavirus-racist-attacks-against-asian-americans/index.html

click the link, there is video proof right in your face.

so now my question is: are you trying to promote racism against asians or do you just not care if it happens?

5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

6. Senator

Senator Member

That isn't proof of anything except extremely isolated incidents that the media thrives on. How many people have died from this versus the actual virus? Why are you so afraid to address the root cause?

So back to the actual question: do you care about the tens of thousands of lives lost, and millions of lives severely affected by another global pandemic from China, or do you just not want to talk about it because that's part of the Chinese culture?

Truly disturbing how so many Chinese and misguided are incorrectly responding to this question by deflecting instead of looking to solve the damn problem.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That doesn't tie these isolated incidents to anything right wing or Trump related or related to the "moniker" of the pandemic .... It's a handful of morons acting like morons in isolated incidents.

Those individuals acts are racist - absolutely and shouldn't be tolerated but .... Everyone knows the origin of the virus is Wuhan China. We heard about it on the news for weeks before it spread out of the region.

Nothing can change that fact and that's what's driving those morons to act like morons - not because anyone is calling it the China Virus. But because it originated in a specific location that happens to be ..... In China.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Firstly, I never tried to respond to your topic. I didn't even click on the topic even though I saw it yesterday. I had no interest in the matter. I just so happened to click on it today and am only interested in discussing the usage of China virus.

An additional observation is that you could have completely avoided this if you had chosen a different term for the virus. Instead you chose to type china virus, so in affect you contributed to the derailment of your own thread, didn't you?

At least I am being honest with myself in admitting that I care about whether or not the term China virus is used. You CLEARLY do as well, just aren't man enough to admit it.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. Senator

Senator Member

So where did the virus originate from? How many viruses have originated from this place in the last 20 years? Why does this keep happening?

All you're doing is supporting bio terrorism by avoiding these questions and pretending this is about racism... and why smart but cruel guys like Trump, Modi, Balsonaro etc. get elected globally when the left of the country has no solutions for anything based on reality. Just complaints.

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I hadn't heard the term "China Virus" until this thread ....

I've heard it called Wuhan Virus , Coronavirus , Novel Coronavirus Covid 19 and a host of other names but never "China Virus".

Maybe I haven't been paying attention or something ....

What I have heard on the news for weeks is the origin of the virus - and that's exactly what those people in your incidents above are pointing towards as their "reasoning" for attacking those people - the origin - where it came from. What you call it doesn't matter when the news man on TV told you for weeks that it came from point X.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You don't know any of that for sure. It's your opinion that those attacks aren't linked to Trump or the moniker.

There is clearly a non-zero chance that the usage of china virus has caused, or will cause, an increase in hostility towards Asians. If you care about racists acts and aren't tolerant of them, why are you contributing to them, even if it's in a tiny, undefined way?

You do realize it's the same concept as staying home in order to stop spreading coronavirus, right? you probably don't have it, you going out probably won't spread it, but it's recommended that you stay at home. Not using the term china virus is so effortless compared to staying at home, that it's crazy that you resist doing it.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Logic is lost.

13. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

I don't mind if we call it the China Virus....

Don't understand why people so upset about words, but i guess the next time when someone calls you the following

Fat Slob (because you are fat and a slob)
    Dirty Blacks (Because well, i am black and i do have dirt on my jacket)
    White Supremist (because well, you are white and you actually think White people are better than other races)
    Slant Eye Asian (because you do have a slant eye and are Asian)

If it's true..then i guess no harm right?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It probably does encourage racism. I've heard many reports of people in the States avoiding ethnic Chinese people in the States along with doing stuff such as avoiding Chinese take out.

15. fchowd0311

Coming from a guy who thinks only technical education is worthwhile. Pretty ironic.

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Sales of .... Corona Beer dropped because people associated it with the virus.

Seriously , some people are just stupid (This article also talks about people avoiding chinese take out).

There are idiots among us , you guys are just gonna have to accept that .... and they don't come in a one size fits all box.

Stupid does not discriminate.

https://theknow.denverpost.com/2020/02/28/corona-beer-coronavirus/234590/

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You misstate my position as usual

There's a difference between being practical and being worthwhile.

4 years and a hundred grand to be a dog catcher , receptionist .... or many other jobs that really don't come with the requirement of continued education. That's a lot to ask of a person when their earnings potential is so much lower than those "technical" jobs.

B@ffled likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

So you only think a technical education is worthwhile. I'm pretty sure you agreed with a poster that gen Ed courses for technical degrees should also be eliminated as they are a waste of money and resources.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't think any type of education isn't "worthwhile" .... I just don't think the requirement for continued education for many jobs is practical.

For all your education , you are pretty dense.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member