1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How should China compensate the deceased?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

What's bullsh!t about it ?

They said those things and didn't take this seriously - until **** hit the fan.

Sorry if you can't find the honesty to blame all of them instead of just one moron.

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Um , if you are referring to Trump as "My man" - I included his words in the failures that got us where we are - in case you were too busy being biased to notice.

Cuomo & Deblasio go to the movies or the parade - I'll be there. If you aren't sick go live your life , go to work , go to bars!!

New Orleans mayor - let Mardi Gras happen - 1.4million people visited that city from all over the world.

Trump and his many screw ups .... "we've got this under control" ....

Florida governor not closing down spring break.

There's plenty of blame to go around on both sides.

We should have closed the country to all international travel on day one - returning citizens should have been quarantined by the gubmint - not told go home and "isolate."

Don't know how many times I have to say it - I'm not a Trump supporter , I'll be voting for Biden as long as he doesn't pick Kamala as his VP. He picks "That B!tch" and I'll vote for Mickey Mouse.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

to @rocketsjudoka cut the bullshit and be on the right side of history friend. you're not a little pink troll who I won't waste my time with.

warning, only watch this if you seek truth not bullshit to support your own narrative.

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.ncregister.com/daily-ne...owes-apology-and-compensation-for-coronavirus

Cardinal Bo: China Owes ‘Apology and Compensation’ for Coronavirus
    The Chinese government has come under criticism for withholding coronavirus information from the international community.
    Catholic News Agency

“Let me be clear — it is the CCP that has been responsible, not the people of China, and no one should respond to this crisis with racial hatred toward the Chinese. Indeed, the Chinese people were the first victims of this virus and have long been the primary victims of their repressive regime. They deserve our sympathy, our solidarity and our support. But it is the repression, the lies and the corruption of the CCP that are responsible,” he said.

The cardinal cited multiple examples of whistleblowers silenced by the CCP’s censorship regime.

“Doctors who tried to raise the alarm — such as Dr. Li Wenliang in Wuhan Central Hospital who issued a warning to fellow medics Dec. 30 — were ordered by police to ‘stop making false comments.’ Dr. Li, a 34-year-old ophthalmologist, was told he would be investigated for ‘spreading rumors’ and was forced by police to sign a confession. He later died after contracting coronavirus,” Cardinal Bo wrote.

dachuda86 likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Yeah...I'm not sure the Catholic Church is who you want to use to beg for compensation.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don’t hate Chinese ppl my girlfriend is half Vietnamese and Chinese.

but **** China their a communist country why anyone in America cares that some call it the China virus or not is beyond me. they got ppl working all day for a few dollars. America needs to be less dependent on China because they need us we consume a lot of their products it’s a two way street.

their government lies about all kinds of stuff I wish the Chinese ppl well but how they operate is all sorts of ****ed up.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Sweets thinks everything is racist.... no matter your reasoning behind something he will undoubtably know better than you.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

There's no doubt the Chinese government ****ed up badly and is the cause of the present situation. The main thing that pissed me off weeks ago was that if they didn't sweep this under the rug, there would've been 1/3 the infections that spread among their overseas travelers.

Thinking about it more, the sticky nature of the virus and how it can lay dormant a freaking month likely means we'll get some form of the pandemic regardless of how many got out. It could very well have been a month later, but the lack of response or seriousness in the West until the virus reached critical mass

What can we do about it? Yell at them, shame them, sue them? Declare war and brutalize people who look like them?

Didn't American bankers almost ruin the world in 2008 and destroyed millions of lives around the world? Where's the victim's compensation? Why aren't those bankers in jail? Oh but they were playing by the rules. Even if they were unspoken and only applied to them, rules are rules, so demanding justice only makes you look petty.

That's the main crux of globalization. We're tightly coupled with incredibly efficient supply chains and global credit on scales 4 or 5 orders of magnitude of what a single state of 50-100 million people can handle. So when one region or country ****s up, everyone else will feel it. If they **** up beyond any recognition, that might not be something the world can sweep under the rug.

It's clear that China will receive pressure to change. To what degree and how significant our role is in getting them to act for the better is likely dependent upon our attitude. If we're calling for blood and force our politicians to call for blood, I'm not sure if the CCP will even listen to those demands. I think the CCP answers more to the feelings of their mob public and whether they feel more enraged at them than fearful of us.

Ofc all bets are off if they open those ******* markets in 3 years...again.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's no doubt the PRC is an oppressive authoritarian state and China has everything that comes with it. But my argument isn't about their gov't but rather people demonizing people. Good luck getting a single penny out of China by the way, just as the US gave not a penny to the people around the world for swine flu or the financial crisis.

As for their dominance of our imports, we had TPP about to pass which sole purpose was to diversify our supply chain but unfortunately Trump killed it because he didn't understand it and his only goal was to undo everything Obama did without worrying about consequences.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's 500 million pennies

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Was it even compensatory?

If China gave $5M to the world people would be insulted.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Looks like nikki is trying to jump on the "distract from trump's failures by blaming china"...

Of course there should be a stringent review of what WHO said. Even in early January. But at the same time, Americans should also see what trump said about China back then and even now. And what trump said about Coronavirus back then through now. china was hiding and misreporting... but as in the Bible, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” (John 8:7). And "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?" (Matthew 7:3)

15. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

Your coffin will be made in China , reasonably priced.

16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It sure won't be our ashes since their still processing them from Wuhan in the mainland. Saw somewhere they were giving these poor Chinese bastards random urns. Guess beggars can't be choosers...especially when your government might disappear you for speaking. Thank God for our first amendment rights here in the US.

China has a few hundred thousand dead behind their lies and deceit but this is the best you can come up with?

17. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

Actually I would recommend cremation too , when you die of plague.

It likely won't be your own decision though. Nothing really is in America

18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Keep your plagues to yourself!!! lol

The last substantial outbreak occurred on the Tibetan Plateau in 2009. In 2014, in the Chinese city of Yumen, officials sealed off large areas following a single death caused by bubonic plague.

19. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

Another proof of strength of Chinese against infectious diseases. No wonder they set the benchmark addressing the current outbreak.

US on the other hand, is leading the world now in cases confirmed and will soon be the land of most dead. MAGA!

20. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I'm gonna stop trying to make legit points to a Chinese troll with the user name "thedopefiend" since I'm wasting my time and English probably isn't your first language. Enjoy your communist utopia and try not to get disappeared...lol.

If you haven't realized already your country can't function unless they keep making our bullshit. We cut you ********ers off and you'll be back to farms and huts in no time. America invited you to the world stage and we can take you out just the same.

#220 Andre0087, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020