1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How replaceable is Patrick Beverley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jan 5, 2015.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

I like that idea too. Something like Shved and the DEN/MIN 2nd for Chalmers.......but ONLY if we get a big upgrade at PF (Kevin Love).

Chalmers / Canaan
    Harden / Brewer
    Ariza / Brewer
    Love / Smith
    Howard / TJones

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

While we are at this,

here is a fact for you.

In all games the Rox played in December,

the opposing team's starting PG,

NEVER cracked over 25 points in any games against the Rockets and all but 2 games those starting PG for the other teams scored higher than their season average.

And those PGs including Curry, Wall, Coney, Dame.

I will take this VERY replaceable PG over guys like Canaan, who can't even guard a tree according to the coaches of the Rockets.

3. marky :)

marky :) Member

I don't see how we could get Chalmers from them though because I don't see us giving anything that Miami may want.

Chalmers would be a good fit here even without Love. He'll play a similar role he did with Dwayne Wade when they won championships only now it'll be with James Harden. As much as I like Dragic, I think Chalmers would be the perfect fit here.

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

A 2nd and an expiring is a pretty good return for a low level PG on a two year deal.

5. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Yeah he is shooting better this year. When i watch the games he seems to be an even worse facilitator then he normaly is, not passing the ball in obvious mismatch situations (ex dmo on smaller guy), and his D has not been as good as it has been. Just generaly alot less impact plays per game than last year.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Back up pg. People here want to give him 10 mill a year. Smh

7. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

trade him or lose him for nothing

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

bruh, that ship has sailed. Even if for some bizarre reason he does leave Cleveland, that means he wouldn't want to be on a superteam with high expectations. So... no.

9. Entropy

Entropy Member

If we let go the likes of Dragic and Lowry, surely Bev, a very good bench PG, can easily be replaced.

10. SuraGotMadHops

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha.

12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

A PG averaging 11 pts and 3 assists like Bev won't get anywhere near $8 million. He'll probably only get around 5. It might get ugly but the market just isn't there for guards like him in the league right now.

13. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

He won't get paid for his numbers but he will get paid for his grit and his D.

All those coaches you hear about that despise the way he plays their guards would all pay for him on their squad.

14. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

yeah I wonder where else we gonna find another one trick pony pg who cant shoot 40% on most nights, has no dribble, no creativity, is a complete and utter liability on offense, and who always has a hustlier-than-thou attitude just because he gets in a guys face and can't help on defense.

1 person likes this.
  15. hotballa

I used to think the kool aid drinkers here were all about da wolverine because he wasn't Lin, but now Lin's gone and the drinkers still wanna give him more than the minimum. Guess I shouldn't be shocked, it's the same crowd that thinks Dragic can play with Harden and still put up anything better than 15 and 6

16. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

1 person likes this.
  17. hotballa

Are you serious?? Do you know how many players even average over 25 PPG?? TWO. Lebron and Harden.

18. hotballa

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Do you fail to read details?

Am I talking about average?

I am talking about NO SINGLE GAMES allowed more than 25 points, and ONLY about 14% of the games in Dec the opposite starting PG scored more than their season average.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is the Great Whale . .. . . ..

Rocket River