1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Refs. make the games "more interesting"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by varughese.arun, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Garner

Garner Member

What's that....? Another thread to collectively prepare ourselves to whine about being wronged and offended?

2. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Leborn team always has privilege, u must play a great lead game instead of few point game. Foul out and ban to play are controlled by refuggees. Houston should have more 3 point shooters and good bench players to ensure foul out happens

3. varughese.arun

How on earth can anyone watch the OKC VS HOU game and not think the refs made terrible calls to bring the Thunder back into the game?

Pen15clubber and DonKnock like this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the def 3sec call on bev 0.8sec after he was in the paint, and the foul called on harrell when kanter bumped off of him.. were both textbook "hold the tnt viewers" whistles

5. varughese.arun

EXACTLY MAN!

Let's not forget the IMAGINARY foul they called when Alex Abrines was going up for the layup. Literally no contact but was called a foul...

It's an embarassment.

kubli9 and Pen15clubber like this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It's the calls and the NON CALLS
    Rockets getting mugged in the lane . . . that will make players timid about going into the lane
    Changes the complexion of the game

Rocket River

Pen15clubber and varughese.arun like this.
  7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

God bless you.

I thought it. You posted it.

I don't like to blame refs, but there were a few phantom calls going on in this 4th quarter.

pippendagimp and varughese.arun like this.
  8. varughese.arun

THANK YOU! That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying they PICK winners, but they definitely keep games close. ESPECIALLY NATIONALLY TELEVISED GAMES. it is Painfully OBVIOUS yet no one wants to address this problem. I don't understand why.

DonKnock likes this.
  9. varughese.arun

It's like there are 3 teams playing each game. Towards the end of games I not only worry about Rockets making smart plays, but mainly I worry about some sort of TERRIBLE CALL from the refs.

DonKnock and Pen15clubber like this.
  10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Generally you'll get individuals patting you on the hand while puffing on their pipe while saying, "Now, now, son, fair is fair. Let's not blame the referees."

The Montrezl / Kanter "foul" was fairly egregious. The Rockets couldn't even look at the paint; the Rockets' slightest motions were a foul, the Thunder were getting the ref look-away: "I didn't see it."

varughese.arun likes this.
  11. varughese.arun

They should be held accountable. That's all I'm saying. The NBA acts like they're being transparent with the Last 2 minute report but that doesn't address a darn thing.

We should know how NBA evaluates refs performances.

Or the entire game should be called from NJ. why allow the chance of human error?

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

bro...we just won because a ref made a call.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Because they are. Maybe a little ticky tack on one or two but they were pretty much on point.

1st pretty obvious loose ball foul.
    2nd pretty obvious block.
    3rd pretty obvious contact and hack job.
    4th was kinda ticky tack but on the replay you see he does hit his arm.
    5th one I'll concede, was a straight rip. But 1 out of 6 calls does not rig a game.
    6th was a pretty obvious contact foul and a helluva dumb decision for someone with 5 already.

The tech was well deserved too, that was a hissy fit worthy of a pink skirt and pig tails.

14. photojoe

photojoe Member

Are we really going to go there?

Good, because I think ridiculous plays that NBA players get away with traveling are actually pretty funny

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

After reading this I am convinced more than ever that they hate us cause they ain't us.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It did seem like OKC was getting more beneficial whistles throughout most of the 2nd half, but I don't think it was done on purpose. Plus, they did call the foul on Nene at the end so can't be too mad.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Lebron James did not say the NBA is corrupt and rigged. You just made that up which defeats the purpose of your post.

18. varughese.arun

I did not make this up. However, since I can no longer find the video, I will delete that portion from my initial post.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Some one made it up. It was real easy to find Lebron's quote and see that he never said that.

20. varughese.arun

I'm referring to 15-16 season finals. LeBron gave a post game locker room interviewed after game 5 or game 6.