1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much faith do you have in our GM's? [Grade Em]

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by texanskan, Feb 22, 2008.

1. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Rockets-Morey

Texans-Smith

Astros-Wade

Dynamo-Luck? not sure who makes the calls

This is not how you feel about the organization, or past GM's but only the current one's and their current work.

If you think Wade sucked in Phili it does not matter because that was the past. If Casserly, CD or Purpura were all terrible in your view it should not matter when grading the current GM's.

Dynamo-whoever is making the calls there A+

Rockets-Morey, I like what I have seen! B+ to A- for sure. No bad contracts, Scola trade, Landry pick and the things that have not worked out (Francis and James) have been corrected. James was moved and Francis is in on the cheap. Can't give a solid A till the season and this Jackson trade play out.

Texans-Smith B seems like it should be an A (based on CC) but if you look deeper than that you still see some misses and question marks but so far so good.

Astros-Wade is an INC. If I had to give a grade I would say a B because I like the Mike Bourn trade, I like the fact he was not married to Burke and looked for an upgrade, I like the fact he went and got a closer and we will see how the starting staff and Tejada play out so I can give him a grade.

Point is I am pretty happy with

Wade/Morey/Smith>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Purpura/CD/Charlie

are my grade too high? B B and a B+ to A-

2. JonBainAramsey

i'd give all of them in incomplete. i think it's really way too early to properly judge any of them

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I just wish one of them had a big flaw in their appearance that would allow for very witty jokes. I miss you Poopoora.

4. msn

msn Member

I thought Poopoora would develop into a solid GM (and I don't mean "thick", I mean good). I also had a lot of confidence in Casserly at first given his resume with the 'Skins.

As such, I put precious little stock in my own opinion of GMs! If I'm ever opining about a GM, do turn a deaf ear. :D