1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many times will the sheeple see the same thing over and over again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Senator, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Senator

Senator Member

You need to get with the times. Memphis is only interested in acquiring assets , not competing. They are done for this season and the next. Knight is a huge expiring next season, and Gasol isn’t stirring up much interest at his age. He’s only needed on contenders with gaping holes like the Rox. Rockets first rounders are only useful for guys like Gasol, they aren’t getting young prime players. Memphis is willing, Gasol is willing as a vet on a trial by fire basis...

Deandre is another option that opened up thanks to a trade.

Harden averaging 50 ppg to win games is doable and sustainable and it won’t wear him down is the recipe for a first round loss.

More mediocre sfs like JaMychal green change nothing. They need another big to anchor the d.

2. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

You're the one that needs to get with the times. Previous deals have proven the value of our firsts. Their among the least valuable in the league. A first from Houston is worth much less than a first from Dallas. With our track record that's gonna be a 20-30 pick. Add Gasol and it's an 25-30 pick. In another thread I listed every player taken from 20-30 in the last 3 years. Only about 2 are starter level. That's not an asset, that's a really bad lottery ticket.

Brandon Knight is a big expiring next year. Gasol is a much much bigger expiring NOW. If an expiring is so valuable then wouldn't you be able to extract much more value than that for Gasol himself? Especially since he can actually hit the floor?

Here's an experiment: Since you're obviously fond of starting threads, post this idea on a Grizzlies board and see if one, just ONE, fan thinks it's a decent idea. Otherwise, you're just another delusional poster who thinks his terrible idea deserves its own thread instead of posting in the random trade thread where the stupid ideas belong.

3. Senator

Senator Member

Should have listened

Cousins exposed

4. Senator

Senator Member

I guess i am woke

Gasol was had for nothing, like I stated

Thank you for teaching me a new word

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Memphis received Jonas who is averaging 18 and 8 for them as their starting C, a young guard in Delon Wright, and CJ Miles.

Please tell me how the Rockets’ trash would be more enticing? Or are we supposed to give up key rotation players for Gasol? Where were u when we beat them in GS with Cousins playing? Have a seat...

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The Rockets lost 106-104

Sure specific stretches had rebounding problems. But their problem overall wasn’t giving up too many points.

It was the 11-41 from three.

The issue isn’t having SFs ... it’s who we put out there. I get wanting Shumoert to be better... but he won’t. He sucks. Frankly he’s always been a pretty sucky player.

Yes House is way overrated. But when he was with the rockets he hit 40% of his threes and could replace PJ at PF at times without being a complete liability.

If the GSW want to keep going to Cousins, I welcome that. More likely than not he’ll be less efficient than the rest of their squad.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I read this post, and ONLY thought Pau.

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The one knock I had on the Rockets in this game was Shump. Shots may or may not fall, Houston's defense adjusted as time went by, and team rebounding did improve near the end. The one constant was that Shump was a negative on offense and a negative on defense. House, while not the GOAT some would like to believe he is, would have been an interesting sub for Shump. Hell, Gary Clark would have been serviceable too. I think MDA used this game more as a scouting for the playoffs more than anything. So I don't take too much from it.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yes, more than anything MDA didn't show his cards.

There were very few PnR's with Boogie. I think this was somewhat purposeful. Boogie is rolling on offense? Great... let them think they can continue doing that in the playoffs, so they keep him in too long as the Rockets really spread it out and run PnR with him.

They ran a few.. but it was in tight quarters, not very spread out.

I don't like Gary Clark. I mean he can certainly change my mind with a good game here or there, but I don't think he has it, at least this year, and DM's quick trigger to sign him to that deal was PEAK PANIC MODE from DM.

I really don't like Shumpert. That he's been confused af defensively is surprising. That's what he was at least supposed to be decent at. And while somewhat different... the Rockets switching defensive scheme isn't that hard.

The most confusing part about House has to be the fact that you would have thought DM would have gone to MDA and said "if I get you House on Tuesday, will he get in the game Wednesday?" Given how much of a deal the contract situation has been.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. Senator

Senator Member

The Rockets trash includes late 1st rounders that amount to nothing because as you can see... it doesn't get you all star level players or young talent like Cauley Stein. It is very much for this purpose, to get you over the hump in a position of need.

Cousins was off for a year and working his way into playing shape . . . don't think he will lay down in the playoffs. A big man was a pressing need even with healthy Capela because Nene is done and Morey couldn't see past the SF's. Let's revisit this thread int he postseason

Btw, Thanks for calling me woke. I have added it to my vocabulary and will use it freuqently

11. pauebtg

pauebtg Member

Cousins has one good game against the Rockets this year and you're already scared of him. When he's been one of the reasons the Warriors have been sucking this year. He's still a liability to them and he will be one of the reasons why they aren't winning this year.

12. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

Lol a Senator thread. Always entertaining

13. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Damn, so close Buck! Play again, or take what's behind door number 1?

14. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

15. Dalton Truelove

Shumpert gets the ball and acts like the 'star' of the team. Dribbling and shooting contested shots. PASS the F@#$ING ball!!

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Just stop. We couldnt get Gasol because Grizzlies didnt want our late first round picks. like u said "our late first round picks amount to nothing because as you can see... it doesn't get you all star level players or young talent like Cauley Stein". If u know this already ask yourself how can we get Gasol. Trading a first round pick to get DeAndre waived is just pure stupidity, it doesnt even guarantee that he will join us.