1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many O. Fouls did Yao average per game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by el_locoteee, Mar 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Is any stats that keep track off the offensive fouls a player make?

It feels like Yao get at least one or two O.Fouls/Flops a game. Is just complete ridiculous, not only did they let Yao get hammer but then a defensive player go and just move his head back and Yao get call for a foul.

I thing half of Yaos turnovers are flops but his defender.

2. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Drexler said it right. Yao needs to elbow his defender on every possession, they'll get used to it and stop calling it. Eventually, after many elbows, the other defender will also stop being a douchebag

3. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

The refs are just terrible. It's sad when 3 paid officials can't tell the difference between a foul and a flop, yet 15,000 plus fans on the stands can.

4. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

The question should be how many losing grip of the ball after grabbing it from passes or rebound did he commit during every game. He's horrible...probably the worst in the NBA. I am just sick of seeing him getting rebound and then losing it afterward...horrible.

5. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

And imagine that Yao only went to the free throw line ONCE .... I mean ONCE in the whole freakin' game.

6. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Since when did it become illegal to put your arms out when trying to post up? Since the defender is shorter, he just runs his face into Yao's arm, makes a show of it, and gets the call.

7. Blurr#7

I been fortunate enough to go at least 20 games a year and have great seats. Half the time Yao losses the ball on a rebound or a post move he is gatting hacked. Hacked hard enough that I can hear the slap when they chop down on his arms. Not to say he couldn't put some elbows out and catch a few chins but the guy really doesn't get any calls.

8. tsunami

tsunami Member

Since Yao was drafted.... was that 2002 ?

9. tsunami

tsunami Member

your observation is just horrible... :rolleyes:

10. ibm

ibm Member

been to courtside seats a few times. and that terrible sound of them slapping yao has been haunting me.

the integrity of the game - that is the level i look at this thing. i don't understand why they are officiating yao the way it is; and i don't understand it either when they say "big men are just hard to officiate". it's been friggin' 6-7 years.

if you take fair play out of a sport, then that sport instantly becomes a broadway show. sometimes i don't know why i am still watching.

11. Blurr#7

Hey man, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. Yao's arms are so red from all the slapping it's ridiculous!! You can't see it until you're up close. It's sad defenders get away with murder with him.

12. tsunami

tsunami Member

the league needs to send police to the cout rather than these idiot refs :mad:

13. aka665

aka665 Member

yeah, there definitely is a big difference between watching it on TV watching it live... it's much more noticeable how much pushing and hacking there is on Yao when u're watching it live. if he accidentally hits a few ppl in the face w/ his elbows, he'll get some more respect.

but i liked that he was very aggressive after one play when calderon fouled lowry but bargnani also took down yao. after the in bounce, yao took it strong into their team and there was nothing they could do. he could probably do that every time if he was angry enough.

14. RocketsFan41

RocketsFan41 Member

Not to mention that if Yao fights back and tries to prevent other players from doing that, it is called an offensive foul.

Only solution: pray to God that there is justice and that Yao is allowed to play fairly and that the refs enforce all the rules equally across the board fair and square come playoffs time.

15. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

The NBA refs need to watch how shaq was officated in his prime, he could literally put his elbow into mutumbo's face and still not get called for offensive fouls in that finals against the Sixers

Yao is just the worst officiated player, he's the only star that doesn't get star calls, its sickening.

16. ibm

ibm Member

yeah, i also remember yao getting stitches or bleeding without a foul called. i seriously think yao must be an extraordinary man. if it were me on the court, i'd seek justice for myself, fore sure.

i can understand excuses like "refs are also humans and humans make mistakes". but c'mon, this has been so consistently wrong for so long that i can't help but to think something is going on there, even though i don't understand what it is. it's really maddening.

17. tsunami

tsunami Member

I'd bring a gun w/ me to the court, and directly shoot at those idiotic refs...

18. PointForward

PointForward Member

awww poor baby gets slapped on the hands when trying to get a rebound?? aww, I'm so sorry.. that perfectly explains why he fumbles a crapload of rebounds/passes! those mean little NBA players, they're slapping! how could they slap!?

grow up, it's the freaking NBA for god's sake.. today's "flagrant" fouls were the only regular fouls called back when real MEN played in the NBA.. Kareem wore goggles because his eyes would get poked out by all the slaps he took to the face, which, by the way, weren't called.. he still DID NOT fumble the ball and lose control seventy times in a game.. terrified by the "slapping sounds" on Yao's poor baby little arms? watch an Olajuwon game, and count how many closed fist punches, not baby slaps, he took every single time. and oh by the way, he always held on to the ball.. the only way to take the ball away from him was to knock him the heck out, which people did quite often only to have their arses handed to them by the end of the game.

Yes, Yao is unfairly treated. If Yao got the calls this overrated crab-dribbler LeBron James gets, he would average freaking 40. but that's just life, the NBA hates Houston, the national media hates Houston, and for some reason, Yao is usually the target of horrible officiating. but that's not an excuse for him not to hold on to the ball.. a slap shouldn't get the ball out of your hands, look at Motumbo: no one gets within 5 feet of him because they know that if they came close, he will knock their teeth out with/give em a concussion with his thunder elbows..that's what Yao hasn't learned yet, *Stick your elbows out*, please..

19. RocketsFan41

RocketsFan41 Member

This post is BS.

If Yao did what Dikembe Mutombo did, he would be called for an offensive foul almost all the time.

Plus, Yao is a little turnover-prone. But that is no excuse for the NBA and the refs not to enforce the rules fairly, and not give Yao the calls that other centers get. The rules should be enforced equally and fairly and squarely all across the board. The refs not enforcing the rules fairly and squarely for Yao and treating him equally to other centers and him being less athletic compared to other NBA players are two separate issues. One is talking about justice, and about a wrong to the Rockets that might haunt them when it comes time for the playoffs, and one is talking about capability.

And it doesn't matter if that's what they allowed in yesterday's NBA, Yao is the only player that they allow that to happen to today. No other player gets treated as badly as he does in the NBA. All the rules have to be enforced equally on every player across the board, that is the only way to make sure that it is the talent level and the skill level of the players that wins the game, which is I'm sure, what we'd all like to see, and not the refs.

Besides, despite what you say about Yao's relative lack of athletic ability compared to other NBA players, if the refs enforced the rules on Yao fairly, his turnover rate per game would be cut down drastically because of all the illegal things they allow on him.

20. RocketsFan41

RocketsFan41 Member

Do you want the Rockets to win or not? Because these wrongs they do against Yao Ming might affect them come playoffs time.