1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many more starts should Josh Smith get?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Jan 2, 2015.

?

Number of starts ?

1. 0

188 vote(s)
    76.7%
  2. 1-2

20 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. 3-5

16 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. 5+

21 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

In my opinion , starting Smith tomorrow is inexcusable . Personally I don't think he even deserves playing time right now . Dmo and Pap are by far better options . When jones comes back he should be cut . If his influence on the court goes beyond his own playing time ( he make Dwight worse ) then he should be cut immediately . What say clutchfans ?

How do I do a poll ? Haha

Options are ...

1-2

3-5

5+

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

0 and never again barring injuries.

3. valorita

valorita Member

Dmo deserves the start. Use smoove to defend the ryan anderson types of more mobileor stretch 4s

4. RESINator

RESINator Member

Smith signed on with the agreement that he will be starting and getting minutes according to Morey.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ok, cut him then, let someone else pick him up.

DD

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

well, time to cut then. If he doesn't want to come off the bench, he's a liability.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he hasnt done anythign to earn a starting spot in the first place. 21pts on 21 shots isnt good shooting. give dmo 21 shots he'll have more than 21pts. until smith earns it, he shouldnt be a starter

rotations went to **** after both trades. kostas, brewer and terry at the wings would give harden and ariza the rest they need but kostas doesnt play unless the starters suck. its like they forgot who dmo and papa were.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Cut Josh Smith. Or package him to LA for a first round pick and send that team further into the rabbit hole of hell and misery.

9. mario_v

mario_v Member

At this point, I'd consider giving him Dorsey's minutes at Center but only if he sets screens at rolls to the basket.

No dribbling, no shooting. Just dunk the basketball. K.I.S.S.- Keep It Simple Stupid.

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I guess the poll worked ... Anyways I'm glad to see that the general consensus surrounding Smith has become this . Certain posters like DD and myself said he shouldn't start from the beginning . I think it is clear now that dmo really should start. The question now becomes is Smith a cancer and needs to be cut regardless on on court performance .

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

We can't trade him. He's eligible for trading after the deadline.

12. rurban

rurban Member

But McHale didn't know of this arrangement.

He will not care. We hope.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

We're 1-3 with him as a starter. It's not all his fault, but he's not blameless either. I'm not quite ready to say we should cut him outright, but he should never start again for this team. Put D-Mo back in there until T-Jones gets back. At least at that point, you'll have a choice between starting two players you know you can count on.

14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Give him a few more games then cut him. If he's playing poorly he'll get no time anyway.

15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Just put DMO back in the starting line-up. Smith works better with the second group.

16. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

Good God you guys are harsh.. agree he shouldn't start but he might be ok off the bench. Let's watch and wait before trying to trade him off, shall we?

1 person likes this.
  17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I would go back to DMo right now. Smith can play his way into more minutes and back into the starting lineup if he outplays DMo.

But the issue for this team is bigger than Josh Smith. The Rockets were losing huge with Smith on the bench, too.

1 person likes this.
  18. mockster

mockster Member

Besides one game I don't think he's playing poorly. He's just not shooting a whole lot. He will come around this is why morey is mg and you people aren't. Same people here who mke the trade harden and dwight threads

19. Zergling

Zergling Member

It's insulting that DMO has worked his ass off, produced significantly, and is IMMEDIATELY benched for Josh Smith. People think of Morey as a not so player friendly guy, but the starting lineup change is a McHale decision. Very surprising he allowed this.

20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I agree with you, I was just pointing out that Smith can't be traded. Have him come off the bench. But he doesn't want to, then cut your losses.