1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many championships will the Lebron/Heat win in a row?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 1, 2011.

?

How many championshihps will the Lebron-led Heat win in a row in the upcoming years?

1. 3

17 vote(s)
    37.8%
  2. 4

14 vote(s)
    31.1%
  3. 5

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  4. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 7

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  6. 8 or more

11 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. VBG

VBG Member

None of the above?

3. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Exactly, where is the none of the above?????

4. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

5. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

"Not 5, not 6, not 7..." Obvious answer is 8?

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's pretty scary to see them do this well with only 1 offseason of filling in role players.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

for the first time last night i started thinking chris bosh might just be overkill.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They are only going to get better as each year passes and they get to re-use their MLE and veterans come. It'll happen until Lebron is about 34. The good news is, I think this years NBA was the weakest at the top as its ever been.

9. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem will not be beat up all year and they will roll to the number 1 seed.

Outside Wade/Lebron missing major time there is no reason to think they can not roll off multiple title's.

Bulls can improve but nobody else will challenge them as currently constructed from the east so really an easy path to the finals each year

10. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

oklahoma city has the potential be just as loaded. durant/lebron wade/westbrook bosh/harden, plus they have ibaka

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

2, I can see them as double year champion.

I do not see alot of big moves and the offseason, and the Heat can steadily improve in certain spots.

The Heat I think will finish with 3 at least or 5 at most.

They are going to be good for a good minute, having two of best the best 4 wing players in the league that can score at will, while both of them are great passers and clutch players is going to be a tough out.

Really, the only thing they truly need is maybe a slightly better bench and a defensive oriented center and/or one who is good on the boards. They can get away with a point guard by committee. Most championship teams always have that one position that is just slightly above average or mediocre at worst.

13. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

14. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Why didn't you include 2?

I think the'll win at the most 4 in the next 10 years, but not in a row.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It might depend on Wade. The sky is the limit if he stays healthy during playoff runs.

They're only going to get better when players like Dalambert take pay cuts to play with the championship favorites.

The Rockets could alter things if they get a game changer like Dwight Howard :eek:

16. Steve_Francis_rules

They could end up winning more than three championships, but I doubt they could do it in consecutive years. I think three really seems to be a cap. We haven't seen a team top that since the 1960s, when the seasons (and playoffs) were shorter and there were many fewer teams.

17. clippy

clippy Member

Barring major injury, I expect them to win something like five out of the next seven.

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

is it possible for dwill or cp or westbrook to go to NY next year and join amare & carmelo?

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

those 3 won't beat lebron/wade/bosh. if dwight howard goes to the bulls, that is the best chance to beat the heat.

if the heat stay healthy, they'll win at least 3. after that, it's up to wade's durability. he's 29 this year turning 30 and i doubt he'll play at this level for more than 2-3 years before having a sharp decline. we're already seeing it with kobe, and kobe doesn't play as reckless as wade.

lebron will be lebron for another 6-7 years. bosh will actually get better in the next few years as his workload will increase with wade's lessening.

it's imperative the heat improve their depth this offseason.