1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many celebs/stars/pro ball players do YOU know?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets R' Us, Sep 19, 2000.

1. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Let' see. My dad knows Dream personally. Nad Lee Brown. Hmm, I know I have a cousin that's in showbiz in India. Movie Star Sharukh Khan. Then we gots, hmmm, oh yes, Texas A&M Quarterback Robert Ferguson. I know him. His brother's on my HS Team's JV Squad. Anyone else?

------------------
    Francis out top, 9 seconds on the clock, he gives a no look pass to Cuttino Mobley, 4 seconds left, Mobley passes to an open Langhi in the corner with 1 second left! Langhi at the buzzer.......YES!!! How Sweet It Is!!

2. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

well i dont really KNOW anym but ive met all the rockets, grant hill, michael jackson(he was at the airport), and carl lewis and some of the former rockets(willis, barkley, harrington, etc. i met most of the players at the one game i went to last year.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

My cousin was a nurse in a California Hospital the night that Richard Gere went in to get the you know what removed from his you know what. Pretty sick huh. So it's all true if you doubted it.

Also, a different cousin named Julie who lives near LA knows Rebecca Stamos and John Stamos. She was best buds with John Stamos growing up so they hang out together, and the inside scoop is that Rebecca wants to get pregnant but John can't seem to get the job done. They are seeking outside help. My cousin thinks they are both really cool people.

That's all the gossip I have.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

4. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I know and still talk to Jimmy King...although he has not been in the league in a while.

I know John Potter (played college ball at OKLA) and now plays in Europe.

I know Sam Adams and have since kindergarten. He plays for the Baltimore Ravens.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

My friends Uncle is actor Art Evans , He gets killed on an elevator in Metro staring Eddie Murphy , He also plays in Die Hard 2 , and Ruthless People with Danny Devito Bette Midler and Judge Reinhold . I have met Minnesota Twins manager Tom Kelly , My Uncle met him on an airplane and he gave him three on the field passes , We got to visit the Metrodome and be on the field two hours before game time , it was so cool we got to sit in the dugout and stuff , watch batting practice . My family has a friend who personally knows NFL CB Phillipi Sparks (Now with the Cowboys)so ive met him a couple times .Oh yeah and Raiders running back Napoleon Kaufman who comes from our little town of Lompoc

------------------
    This signature space for rent call 555 ...

6. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

i know lionel richie...

------------------
    I think people are forgetting that we are the rockets...

WE DONT REBUILD...WE RELOAD....remember that..

7. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Know? None. But I have met the following:

Athletes: Rudy Tomjanovich, Calvin Murphy, Ernie Ladd, Earl Campbell, Ben Davidson, Larry Andersen.

Musicians: Brian Setzer, Marshall Crenshaw, Screamin' Jay Hawkins, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown, Dwight Yoakum, George Thorogood, Axl Rose, Kathy Valentine

Movie Stars: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Michael Keaton

------------------
    I am the b*stard son of LHutz.

Huh?

Right!

8. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I met Turbo once [​IMG]

------------------

9. RENDIGGLER3:20

Well I am related to Gary Kubiak (head coach of the Broncos)but I have never met him.

I have met Robert England,Chuck Norris,Elvin Hayes,Vernon Maxwell,Larry Smith,Warren Moon,Ray Childress,Eddie Murphy,and Hakeem Olajuwon.I would not say I know any of them though as none on the list would even remember meeting me.

Note:I was like 12 or 13 when I met Hayes,it was at his car dealership and my dad was getting a car,Me and my 2 little brothers were all there because we were going to a little league Bball game,anyways we went over to him and asked for an autograph on this little shred of paper and he said he didnt have the time,well a little later after my dad purchased the car a man brought out three autographed photos of Elvin.

------------------

10. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Wow. Screamin' Jay Hawkins. I'm surprised he could take time out from fathering children to meet anyone.

I've met Earl Campbell (he came to Amarillo for some reason and did an interview at the college radio station. I just happened to be in the building at the time), Jose Cruz (he managed the Laredo Apaches when I worked for the Amarillo Dillas), Stevie Ray Vaughn (at Love Field when I was a kid), Robert Thomas (former Cowboys linkbacker), T. Boone Pickens (corporate raider), Ed Roski (L.A. billionaire who bid on the 32nd NFL team against Houston), Eli Broad (Roski's partner), Jimmy Irsay (owner of the Colts), Red McCombs, Al Davis, MTV VJ Martha Quinn, T.J. Simers (LA Times columnist), Jack Kemp (former Bills QB and VP candidate), Todd Burns (Former Oakland A's pitcher), Jeb Blount (former Raiders QB who lives in Amarillo now), Frankie Banali from Quiet Riot (in 1993 when fame had passed him by and he was relegated to haggling over the price of some vinyl in my friend's record store while touring through Amarillo), and the late John Ayers (former 49ers lineman who was from Canyon). Oh yeah, and George W. Bush (He came to a barbeque in Amarillo when he was running for Governor in 1994).

As for athletes that I know, the only one I know that played at the major league level is Lonnie Maclin who very briefly played for the St. Louis Cardinals. I also know former Baylor Great Bucky Bovenzi (I grew up with his son), as well as a bunch of never-weres who played for the Amarillo Dillas and other Texas-Louisiana League teams when I was Media Realtions Director for the Dillas.

And I did go to elementary school with a girl who was an extra on Beverly Hills 90210 once (talk about a claim to fame).

------------------
    Houston Sports Board
    DFW Sports Board

11. PhiSlammaJamma

I saw Gary Kubiak at the Bills-Broncos AFC championship. He played well that game. elway got popped in the 4th, and Kubiak led them back down the field for a chance to win. It was like Elway took over Kubiaks body and told him what to do. He was hitting everything down the stretch.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

12. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Now now, let's have a little respect for the dearly departed. Jay died in February, in case you didn't know.

------------------
    I am the b*stard son of LHutz.

Huh?

Right!

13. Steve

Steve Member

I played in da same Park as Mark Strickland from the Miami Heat well he use too! I also know a guy who played against Keith Van Horn in college! and Van horn gave him a signed wrist band..

------------------
    "It wasn't a fight. He punched me one time, that's all. That's not a fight. I don't fight at 30,000 feet. I had an education." L8 vs Stack

14. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Oh yeah, I played against Greg Ostertag.

And I also played one year of ball in Houston at Cypress Creek with Ike Nwankwo...from Nigeria. He went on to win a national championship at UCLA, then transferred to San Jose State. He since has tried out for the Suns, but is playing in Europe instead.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

15. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Rendiggler3:20
    I`m sure it was a typo but Kubiak is the assistant coach.

------------------

16. Rockets R' Us

Here's some i forgot. I've met Lee Brown becuase my pops knows him and he was on my dad's radio show one time. I've met Van Chancellor because I had invited him to my radio show during the first championship (Back in the day when I did radio....aaaahhhh the good ol' days.hehe) I've met Clyde Drexler, Cynthia Cooper, Caroll Dawson, my dad knows Hakeem, my dad met Robert Horry at a bank, hmmm let's see, I guess that's all for now. Tell you if I get any more flashbacks later. [​IMG]

------------------
    Francis out top, 9 seconds on the clock, he gives a no look pass to Cuttino Mobley, 4 seconds left, Mobley passes to an open Langhi in the corner with 1 second left! Langhi at the buzzer.......YES!!! How Sweet It Is!!

17. Rockets R' Us

Here's some i forgot. I've met Lee Brown becuase my pops knows him and he was on my dad's radio show one time. I've met Van Chancellor because I had invited him to my radio show during the first championship (Back in the day when I did radio....aaaahhhh the good ol' days.hehe) I've met Clyde Drexler, Cynthia Cooper, Caroll Dawson, my dad met Robert Horry at a bank, hmmm let's see, I guess that's all for now. Tell you if I get any more flashbacks later. [​IMG]

------------------

18. RENDIGGLER3:20

Rockss,Off. Coordinater,I know I was been sarcastic!

------------------

19. Gascon

Gascon Member

I know Jack Daniels, Johnnie Walker, and Jose Cuervo. I'm sure I've probably met a lot of others, but I don't seem to remember.....

------------------
    Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead.

No, wait, not me...you.