1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long until Mike Woodson gets fired?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by coffeelover665, Dec 17, 2013.

1. coffeelover665

I didn't like McHale for a lot of his bad plays but watching this made me realized... it could always be worse.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NDNKH8vc2_4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. coffeelover665

on why he didn't call a timeout: "it all happened so fast"

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Clearly he and mchale have a lot of similarities as in, they both have a harden. Isos isos isos

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

@zschonbrun 2h
    Carmelo on Woodson: "If he says it's his fault, then I guess it's his fault"

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Typical loser stuff from Melo.

6. A New Age

A New Age Contributing Member

clearly they were all in a hurry to get to the after-party. just look at how Melo and Woodson rush off the court when it's over

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Just wow. At first I'd thought it must have been a switch to end up with that cover on Beal, but NO, that's how they set their defense.

It's amazing how much these people get paid to really and truly know basketball better than anyone on the planet, but you see things like this. And it didn't happen mid-way through the 2nd quarter, where it would still be important. It happened at the freaking end of the game.

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

uhh.

looked like Beno was playing to funnel him to help on the baseline.

yet there was no help LOL.

and how do u not call a timeout. HHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAH

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Just poor discipline and bad basketball IQ on display. Where was the help for Udrih? Woodson could of called time out but how about the other players? 7 seconds is a lot of time, why didn't they better shot than a Melo one foot fadaway?

This is just poor management from the players all they way up to management who put the players and coach together. This is why the Knicks will never get a real superstar or be a real threat in the East as long as they keep the same owner and management.

10. Nook

Nook Member

LMFAO I cannot imagine anyone on the Rockets saying that about McHale.

11. coffeelover665

Udrih was suppose to foul but Beal drove right past him. Then everyone stopped for a couple second expecting a timeout but I guess Woodson was still stunned about the layup that he forgot

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

If the Knicks continue to bad with Tyson Chandler and Felton back then I think he'll be fired but I think Tyson Chandler is the main key on why the Knicks were winning. Knicks need him bad

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That video is absolutely brutal! That video is all you need to see to explain the Knicks season.

14. coffeelover665

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Former Princeton coaching legend Pete Carril was watching practice - talking with Allan Houston and then Mike Woodson sat with him later.</p>&mdash; Steve Popper (@StevePopper) <a href="https://twitter.com/StevePopper/statuses/412999531874111489">December 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. smr6

smr6 Member

But..... He won coach of the year!

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It looks like Beno was expecting help from Spike Lee (standing up there in the front row a few feet away when he switches on to Beal) - he's clearly gesturing and shouting frantically for him to get down to the baseline and cut Beal off.

Nice job spike.

17. afk

afk Member

I saw that game. All I can say about that Knicks defense was "Wow."

18. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Why the hell did Bargnani stick so close to Gortat instead of going into the paint and cutting off Beal? That possession was just an embarrassment for the Knicks organization.

19. smr6

smr6 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

If you watch the Knicks' possession again, Melo slowed down because he thought someone else was going to call timeout.

Then, he realized that no one would, so instead of calling timeout HIMSELF, he decided to jack up a bad shot.

Long story short? Dem Knicks bad, yo.