1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long does it take you to get over these playoff exits?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmac2k8, May 28, 2015.

1. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I've been dreading this moment for weeks now. The past month my life has been entirely consumed with the Rockets Playoffs. All I've done is watch clips the games, read articles and listen to sports radio shows (especially since the Rockets are getting discussed now, just in the playoffs). What to do now? It's over, how do I go back to my normal every day life? It usually takes me a good week to fully get over the Rockets.

To think positive, at least it didn't end on a .9 buzzer beater like last year and we have free agency to look forward to in about a month.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I have a lot going on right now so I'll get over it fast. Probably won't watch game 1 of the Finals due to saltiness, but I should be OK after that.

After the Portland series last year it was a much worse feeling.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'm done with basketball watching for the season.

I'll log on to CF to post my astute analysis and spread knowledge but besides that basketball is done.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

It all depends on what happens to the team that beat the Rockets. Thankfully the astros should be fun to watch this year. About time I started watching baseball again

Also, I'm looking forward to watching DMo with his national team and possibly Capela as well.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Already over it.

Draft and free agency not too far away and football season is coming. :)

6. ThaShark316_28

Not even 5 minutes. Only thing that bugs me, if anything, is not seeing them play for a while.

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It takes till late August when football starts.

8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

This, it was a great season that exceeded expectations. The Astros are interesting, the Texans are on Hard Knocks, the Rockets have a decent pick and moves to make in free agency. Not to mention summer is upon us.

Life is too short to stress over your team losing in the WCF. And with this team, and all the progress they've made... It's actually kind of silly to do so.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Much easier this year. GS was the better team. Portland was NOT the better team last year.

Finally being able to watch the Astros on TV after 3 years will definitely help. Plus, the Rockets window is still open. Just need a 1 and a 4 and we'll be good.

The ending of last night's game reminded me of the Game 7 loss to the Sonics in 93. And we all know what happened the next year.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Forgetting is for the weak.

Real fans never forget.

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

NBA watching is over for me. Got over it about 2 minutes before the horn sounded. It's Astros time now. I've loved watching these guys play for the past 2 months.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

I've been mentally prepared for a while, so not too long.

13. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

It will be easier this year. Rockets had a fantastic season and overcame a lot of injuries. They made the Western Conference Finals for the first time in 17 years. They won one of the most difficult divisions in NBA history. Harden was MVP runner up. D-Mo broke out and looked great. The roster also improved tremendously over the season. I am excited to see what they do in the offseason especially with the PG and PF positions.

Hard Knocks will also be a good distraction once it airs. Texans are going to be fun to watch.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

They so exceeded my expectations, that I'm not really disappointed. Felt like we lost to the better team, and I can live with that.

The future is bright for the Houston Rockets.

15. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

after a season like this it shouldn't take anybody long to get over it, we should look forward to the off-season and next year, we can only get better. I admit it sucks losing in the WCF but we lost to GS, who may have been one of the best NBA teams as of late...

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Exactly my thoughts.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm over it because I think we overachieved. But I realized something... this is the first time the Rockets have advanced far into the playoffs since the internet has become so popular.

Yeah I'm a 99'er, but I didn't have constant, multi-device access to Rockets content in 1997. I wasn't able to buy tickets off Flash Seats using an app 2 hours before tipoff or listen to a podcast on the way to work.

It pretty much felt like my first rodeo. The media focus was on us for such an extended period of time. Highest of stakes... didn't realize the toll it would take on my productivity.

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Despite everything that happened with this team this year I'm satisfied we made it this far.

Something to think about: if this team is completely healthy next season they are easily a 60+ win team.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Pretty much this. I wasn't even able to watch Rockets games besides national TV until the T-mac era. Used to hang out in the clutchfans chat room and rockHEAD would provide play by play for every game.

Honestly I was mentally exhausted after Game 7 with the Clippers. Nothing takes a toll on your anxiety level like a long playoff run. After they blew Game 3 away I knew it was over so I already processed the defeat.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Uncharted territory for me. The Rockets have never advanced this far in the postseason since I became a fan. Oddly last night I didn't feel depressed, but disbelief in what Harden did. This morning I am pretty depressed but I'll get over it quickly because this season was a success.