1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long before Tito replaces Moochie?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket Addict, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

Moochie has played horrible all season. As the Rockets move to an inside-out attack his outside shooting weakness will be even further exposed.

If he doesn't pick up the pace quickly, I'd like to see us begin to give Tito a few minutes a game. If he shows well while the Cat's on the IL, I suggest we send Moochie packing for a draft choice and an expiring contract.

Tito has problems with his outside shot too, but at least he can play some defense and Rudy has said he has looked impressive in practice.

I think Hawkins and Tito could back up our starters just fine with Tito seeing limited action barring injury. Moochie is just driving me nuts. He just looks lost out there.

2. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Well Tito was one of the top HIgh Schoolers in the country when he was going into college. So Tito has game, and I bet he is better than Moochie as of right now too. After last night, I would like to trade away Cat, Thomas and Moochie to any takers. I wish there was we could get Pau Gasol, he would look great in a Rocket uniform.....

3. hardeji

hardeji Member

Man, I couldn't agree more. It's painful to watch him try to "make something happen". Does he think he's Calvin Murphy or something (reverse comparison, obviously).

Moochie takes the most ill-advised shots during critical moments of the game. Mobley's no better.

Moochie and Mobley are like the little hotdogs on the 6th grade playground...... they shoot and shoot and shoot all these crazy shots; then they make one, and everyone thinks they're awesome! Send both of them packing and we'll be 3x better a team.

Road to a quick championship.....

Trade Moochie and Mobley for either Marbury or potboy (Stoudamire), move Steve to the 2. Now you've got a superstar scorer at the 2, a real point guard that looks to distribute the ball and not score every time. Then, we'd be solid at 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Your thoughts?

4. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

No way Phoenix moves Marbury.

Stoudemaire is a malcontent.

The best thing about the Rockets right now is that they only have 1 petulent superstar.

If they traded a bad player to get a moody, disruptive non-superstar, that would be like paying 2 cents for an exploding time bomb.

Even if he was free, Id pass on Damon.

5. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Damon Stoudamire? No way I don't want a guy like that on the Rockets team. Starbury would be nice but it would cause prolems I think between him and Francis. I think we need to get rid of Thams and Moochie first then get rid of Cat if we have to.

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Marbury has all the problems of Steve Francis- shoot fist and pass second.Last night was a big step for Steve Francis he was playing just like a Point Guard!

7. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Yea, Francis played great last night! If he continues to play like that we will have the BEst point guard and center in the league!

8. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Man. Ming has surprised everyone, but he isn't better than Shaq.

9. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

He probably meant best PG+C combination.

10. New Jack

New Jack Member

How about giving Hawkins some time backing up Francis?

It seems in the new offense all the point guard really needs to do is dump the ball into Yao and hit the open shot if they double team him, which Hawkins can do. Plus, from what I've seen of him he seems pretty good at penetrating and dishing off to the open man. I've seen him do that a couple of times with Yao, which resulted in some easy baskets.

11. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

I meant we WILL have in the Future the best PG and Center. Not this year, I'm not that stupid.

12. killabee916

killabee916 Member

It's time to get rid of moochie. Moochie is a sg in a pg body

13. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

New offense? New? Seems that style of "dump it in" offense has been used before, but I can't recall where.

14. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

Without the ability to shoot..;)

15. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

I think this is mostly the mental game. Moochie isn't focusing right... Maddox is still new to the game and I don't think he will be use to the NBA game until the late season. Moochie just needs to focus and put his game face on.

16. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hawkins hardly dribbles. That's another reason to like him.

17. Greg M

Greg M Member

One thing I noticed in the Dallas game is that Moochie did not keep the ball in his hands for long. He kept the dribbling down to a min. I was shocked. I didn't see the Washington game so I'm curious if that was an anomoly or something he's trying to work on. Anybody notice??? Moochie still took a lot of ill advised shots but I'm looking for progress, not perfection.

As far as Tito, Rudy said in the Chron that he's been playing terrific ball in practice. I know he stunk it up in camp but that was coming from a guy who played one year of college ball and then sat out an entire year. Hopefully he'll turn into a player. Rudy and CD seem to have high hopes for him. Time will tell.

Even if Moochie keeps the dribbling down, makes a lot of good passes(reads: nothing across the court!!!) as well as keeping his shots to a min, I would still want to see him traded. The Rocks have enough players who can create their own shot and with lots of ball movement, a point guard is not needed. Moochie takes time away from more deserving players while adding very little.

18. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Really?? How does one contort that way??

19. Nova

Nova Member

I really hope Maddox comes in and does awesome. We wouldn't need Moochie and that would be a very very good thing.