1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long before Terrence Jones promoted, D-mo D-moted?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iLookOK, Mar 31, 2013.

1. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

Terrence Jones has been nothing but solid this year. Played well in the summer league and D-league, didn't complain once about anything, etc. Its time to see what he can do with the big boys.

Greg smith can play the 5 under asik, D-mo and his pre-sweat 2 fouls are no longer necessary.

Lets put T-Jones in at the 4, which will hopefully light a fire under either T-rob or D-mo's ***

Knee jerk? No, I recognize D-mo had great games, and I did not post this thread immediately after his great games, so no need to point that out. But you can't deny that D-mo is complacent and needs some "encouragement" in the form of spending some time in the valley. I wonder if they have an apartment there that they rent just in case, or if the team provides housing.

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Why would Jones be promoted with 9 games left?

3. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

How many solid nba games has Jones had?

4. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

To be there in time for the playoffs.

5. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

The same amount as James Anderson

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure I want to mess with the rotation at this point in the season, but I tend to agree. Even if only to reward the kid for shutting up, playing hard and dominating in a league that is clearly below him, and playing a position where we are weakest.. the guy should get one more chance to see if he is worthy of rotation minutes at the 4.

I hope, at least, we lock up a playoff spot with a few games to spare so we can test him out towards the end of the regular season.

7. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I stopped reading after that..........

8. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

EXACTLY. With so many drama queens around now getting their way, its important to reward good behavior.

9. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

Because you probably do not follow basketball. T-jones has executed every assignment he's been given this year well and without complaining. Even with the negative influence he probably has from Mr. White.

10. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Don't see how he applies to dmo. Anderson wasn't playing many games and started because harden was injured. DMo and trob aren't injured so....

Even if he did get the start, wouldn't he struggle adjusting to nba players? Then everyone would be calling for someone else to start.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

D-League performance doesn't automatically equate to NBA playing time...

It's all about who Morey and Co. want out there, and they've openly said that they wanted DMo to get time. I'd imagine T Jones will be in the rotation next season, but there's no reason to bring him up now, in the thick of a playoff hunt, and screw with the rotation.

12. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

The point is that we have to give him a chance. Playing teams like the Magic, we will have blowout games in which we will be able to stick T-Jones into the lineup in the 3rd quarter. He may end up surprising us and being a solid rotational player in the Playoffs. Just give him a chance there's not much to lose.

13. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

So if someone "has executed every assignment he's been given this year well and without complaining," does that automatically earn him a starting job??

It's you who have no idea why T Jones isn't in the rotation when he was giving every chance to prove otherwise at the beginning of the season.

Let me take you back to the game where he was a starter: Last preseason game!
    http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400400568

Did you actually watch that game? No I guess not...

He was absolutely bulldozed by Baby Davis. His perfomance that game was the pivotal turning point on why he was not NBA ready.

I suggest you follow a little closely to the Rockets before making such accusation.

14. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

If you can find me a place where I said that T-Jones has earned a starting spot, I will donate 1 Million Vietnamese Dong to the tip jar.

1 person likes this.
  15. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Definitely give him a chance off the bench, but you were saying to demote dmo and promote jones, which gave me the impression that you wanted him to start.

16. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

What I mean is that D-mo gets demoted, and then we start T-rob (or D-mo if T-rob gets demoted) while consistently bringing T-jones off the bench to make them feel like they need to really earn playing time.

Kind of like what coach did with Toney Douglas and now with Bevster

17. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

So you'll donate about $48. I must say it sounds way more interesting when you say 1 million Vietnamese Dong.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I agree. Maybe we should make this the official currency of the BBS.

1 MILLION VIETNAMESE DONG TO THE TIPJAR IF WE DON'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!

19. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

that was one game a preseason game at that... and we didnt even have james harden yet... oh and we still won and the kid had two blocks!!! I can many games where DMO and Trob got killed on the low block and I wont have to go to preseason to find it!!!

I'm with the OP on this one

Bring on Tjones

Trade DMO/Asik of AI (sign and trade)
    and Sign D Howard

Howard/Smith
    Jones/Trob
    AI/Parsons
    Harden/Delfino
    Lin/Beverly

our defense will then be top 10 and so will our offense

rebounding will be top 5

20. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

The rockets just have too many 4s that need developing with dmo, robinson, and smith (seems to play better there). Imo, one or two of them have to go before jones would ever see playing time until next season. Who knows though, jones could have 'jeremy lin' syndrome where he'd only get playing time when the team's completely desperate and it becomes jonesanity.