1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How important is Shandon to this team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CriscoKidd, Jun 20, 2000.

1. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Hey, I got this idea awhile back listening to some radio guy. He was kinda knowledgeable, but he said something that made me really doubt his intelligence. He said that if Utah hadn't lost a lot of key guys this offseason, they would have been in the finals again.

I mean, they lost greg foster, big deal, they got Oldman to replace him. Not that bad of a tradeoff. So the only key guy that Utah lost was Shandon. Would his addition really have put Utah over the hump? Portland really took advantage of Utah's sg postion.

And will Shandon be a key guy to push Houston to greatness, or do you guys think he is just another cog in the machine?

Personally, I think Shandon IS the sg, Mobes the sparky supersub. I also think Shandon will be a big part of the Rockets future success.

------------------
    No signature for you!

2. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

I'm okay with Shandon for now.

But if we can get MJ...

------------------

3. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Man, I don't know who you were listening to, but even people here in Utah don't believe that crap. The Jazz beat L.A? Even diehardJazzfan was conceding defeat to L.A. at the beginning of the playoffs. He just hoped to make it there.

------------------
    Jazzkiller

4. alaskansnowman

Shandon is really important to this team. He's the one who does the intangibles, kinda like what Croshere does for the Pacers.

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

5. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Shandon is more to the Rockets than Croshere is to the Pacers. Shandon is the Rocks quick, athletic, shooter who can take you off the dribble. Although Austin is increasingly becomming a larger kink in the Pacers system. He just isn't as big of an impact to them as Shan is to Houston.

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

6. playahata

playahata Member

I love Shandon. He is an oppurtunistc scorer. He D's up, he rebounds, pushes the ball up the floor and passes. He is a key to the offense without necessarily requiring the ball. He really found his role, like everybody else on this team in the second half of the season.

------------------